GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Revo Product and Information Thread

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
Out of curiosity, are there any updates planned for updating the current Stage 1 and Stage 2 files? I've seen a lot of news lately about other tuners doing that, so I was wondering if you guys have similar plans.

Currently there are no updates planned for stage 1 or stage 2 (or 3) for these applications no one has presented us with any issues or reasons to perform an update do it is not being looked into.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
I'm sorry if you already answered this question in the past but is Revo able to make a file for aftermarket intake manifolds like HPA or IE? I have your stage 1 file and plan to use Revo for stage 2 and K04 but I would also like to install an aftermarket intake manifold at some point.

Thanks,
Jared

Right now we are not actively working on that but it has come up and possibly something we will look at once we acquire another test vehicle in house. These sorts of things are difficult to test without constant access to a car to attempt to go over all conditions related to cold and warm starts that sort of thing. Manifolds were coming to market after we got rid of our last in house "TSI" so I believe we are looking for another for our UK office to test some more recent products on like this.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Right now we are not actively working on that but it has come up and possibly something we will look at once we acquire another test vehicle in house. These sorts of things are difficult to test without constant access to a car to attempt to go over all conditions related to cold and warm starts that sort of thing. Manifolds were coming to market after we got rid of our last in house "TSI" so I believe we are looking for another for our UK office to test some more recent products on like this.

Hmm... so I wouldn't be able to request custom software for an aftermarket intake manifold? This make me re-think my tuning.

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
Hmm... so I wouldn't be able to request custom software for an aftermarket intake manifold? This make me re-think my tuning.

I was thinking to same, the FSI has stage 4 and 5 big turbo options. nothing for the TSI. im maxed out on the 93 octane map. REVO, next option?:iono:

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion

We nor any of the major players in this market do custom tuning, there simply is not enough time in the day. Trust us that is a lot more fun and we wish we could just do that, but it doesn't keep the lights on.

These manifold are recent to the market and as I mentioned we no longer had a vehicle to test them on once they did come to market, and those producing them also sell software for them so it wasn't like they were sending them out to ourselves and other tuners to write software for them which happens with some other pieces of software. Can't blame them for not wanting to send stuff out when they make software, but you can't exactly get on us when we don't drop everything to make a file that 3 people want, that costs us 10s of thousands its bad business and you don't stay open long making low demand software.

The reason there is stage 4 and 5 fsi is because the 2.0t came out and people went nuts jumping over the k04 to the larger turbos, we had several in house cars including one of my own used for development. When the later engines came out the K04 performed very well there was virtually no interest in going larger, again not enough to warrant the loss in revenue by skipping over in demand products.

We are looking for another vehicle to bring in house and it may go beyond a basic k04 but that is not determined yet.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Ok, good to know. My understanding of the I.E. Intake manifold is that yes, they have software but you have to go to I.E.'s headquarters (Utah I believe) to get it. They haven't come up with a way to get it out to the mass market yet. So I guess the intake manifold is useless for the time being

mamock116

Ready to race!
does the stg2 91 octane tune run lower boost than the 93 octane tune? or is the power difference made solely from timing?

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
Would someone be able to tell me what the peak boost should be for 1st and 2nd gears on a Stage 1 93 file for a GTI?

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Would someone be able to tell me what the peak boost should be for 1st and 2nd gears on a Stage 1 93 file for a GTI?

I think it'll depend on whether or not you have the go fast bits DV. I'm stage 1 revo with the DV and my boost usually peaks around 20/22psi and holds around 18 till redline I think. + or - a few psi. Mods are in my sig