GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Trytun

Go Kart Champion

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Well a stud from the firewall put a hole on my intake [emoji102] anyone knows of cts turbo sells just that stage 2 part? Or any ideas to fix it

That sucks. Yeah you need to trim that stud down, with some of the intakes.

Having it welded up would probably be the cheapest solution.
Or try contacting CTS, or look for a used rear section to come up for sale

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
That sucks. Yeah you need to trim that stud down, with some of the intakes.

Having it welded up would probably be the cheapest solution.

Or try contacting CTS, or look for a used rear section to come up for sale

Yeah that kinda suck but at least I caught it before the stud gets into my engine lol

BuiltforSin

Ready to race!
Car hit 90k today. Question(s) for the K04 guys.

1. HPA only provided a downpipe gasket. I was going to order the K04 install kit
in the link below. It looks like it should be everything I need. Am I forgetting anything? Oil? Coolant?

http://www.uspmotorsports.com/Engine/Gasket-and-Seals/K03-K04-Turbo-Installation-Kit-FSI-TSI.html

2. What clamps do y'all use for the front mount intercooler? I've heard mixed reviews so I was going to order some constant torque clamps in the picture below. Anyone ever used them?

3. How many of you K04 guys are using a LSD? I may still have the opportunity to get a LSD for a little cheaper than retail, but the cost of the LSD on top of a clutch and DMFW is intimidating.

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Car hit 90k today. Question(s) for the K04 guys.

1. HPA only provided a downpipe gasket. I was going to order the K04 install kit

in the link below. It looks like it should be everything I need. Am I forgetting anything? Oil? Coolant?

http://www.uspmotorsports.com/Engine/Gasket-and-Seals/K03-K04-Turbo-Installation-Kit-FSI-TSI.html

2. What clamps do y'all use for the front mount intercooler? I've heard mixed reviews so I was going to order some constant torque clamps in the picture below. Anyone ever used them?

3. How many of you K04 guys are using a LSD? I may still have the opportunity to get a LSD for a little cheaper than retail, but the cost of the LSD on top of a clutch and DMFW is intimidating.

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

I'm DSG so I know it isn't an apples to apples comparison but I'm not running an LSD and the car is pretty well behaved and will leave to black patches when I launch it. I do have a DSG tune and the VCDS settings for ABS and the electronic lock settings updated.

As for the clamps I just use Tbolt clamps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krog29

Ready to race!

Oil change, DSG change and a new IE intake installed.

Last edited:

TKE Mario

Ready to race!
finally got her back and drove her after APR repaired my ECU(fan radiators running hard and in excess) and UR motorsports gave her a thorough carbon cleaning, installed the Fluidampr crank pulley, and upgraded the timing chain tensioner :thumbsup:

didnt get a chance to really open her up cuz of the rain but the car feels good

weather permitting tomorrow oil change and maybe HPA puck install to replace the ECS insert and install the Tyrolsport rear hatch brace :D

tonymk6

Ready to race!

Took it through some back roads with a friend to snap a few shots before going to the UTI meet in Orlando. Finally getting sub 70 degree weather :)

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion

Finished these about a week ago with much help from my buddy Cosmo. Led Switchback and demon eyes.

Looks good! I want to try something like this but knowing how expensive the OEM Bi-Xenons are I'm not willing to crack them open or lose the active bending feature by just picking up a cheaper set to mod.

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
Looks good! I want to try something like this but knowing how expensive the OEM Bi-Xenons are I'm not willing to crack them open or lose the active bending feature by just picking up a cheaper set to mod.

Yeah I had halogens and these was eds reps. Anything better than the halogen. Hahahah