GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
speaking of cars people dislike, i was actually a fan of the caliber srt4. could get them stupid cheap, they look better in person.

3200 lbs, 285 hp factory

Idk. Still a dodge. No thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
I missed em last time they came through when I was in Chicago. Was a small venue too. Heard it was the shit. It’s at American Airlines Arena. The acoustics will probably blow, but oh well.

They used to play the Metro all the time before they got big.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
speaking of cars people dislike, i was actually a fan of the caliber srt4. could get them stupid cheap, they look better in person.

3200 lbs, 285 hp factory

I am a fan of this actually the interior just sucks. I also almost got an Neon SRT4 prior to getting my E30.

Jaber

Modero
Yeah, I'm with EJ. DAFAQ is in that bun....

It's like seeing a "Taco" with lettuce, tomato, cheese and sour cream.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I missed em last time they came through when I was in Chicago. Was a small venue too. Heard it was the shit. It’s at American Airlines Arena. The acoustics will probably blow, but oh well.

I can't even do big venues anymore. Biggest I'll do is Ravinia.

They used to play the Metro all the time before they got big.

Yeah I had an account exec I worked for, way back in ~2003-2004 timeframe, take me with him to see Billy Corgan play an acoustic set at the Metro.

It was a cool, small private show... but it was almost more of him reading his poetry with an acoustic guitar. The AE was a HUGE Corgan fan so he was all into it. I was grateful for the gesture because he was pretty well known for chewing through media producers, I was the only one he actually had success in working with.... but the show was, well, a little meh for me.

Best show I've probably seen was Incubus, Dial-7 and System of a Down, back in 1998 at the Metro. I went to see Incubus (they headlined) but SoaD blew my mind.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
What ya'll are looking at is a hot dog served between a Hawaiian roll topped with wild arugula, avocado, tomato, crispy fried onions and spicy basil aioli

not a fan myself

Looks like a weird chili dog. Im in for deets. Im a Chicagoan so it looks good to me :)

not a fan of arugula, too bitter

they do have a dog on their menu that sounds more my style..

OLD TOWN Dog:
smoked bacon wrapped dog, caramelized onions, chipotle aioli, pickled jalapeños, cotija cheese

i just wanna know how he got a $6 discount off an $8 meal

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
So running the maths....

2 day event with PCA at GingerMan with small group of friends, including entry, insurance, gas to/from, and hotel... ~$1,300 plus daily expenses (food, racekar gas, etc.)

2 day event with Chin at Road Atlanta, one friend to run with, including entry, insurance, gas to/from, but NO hotel because staying with friend, but including $150 extra to buy him dinner for letting me crash at his place... ~$1,300 plus daily expenses (food, racekar gas, etc)

Both events require same time off of work. Road Atlanta obviously a farther drive but I could use a good road trip. Gman has a good group of friends. Atlanta is an old friend I haven't seen in a while.

Not sure which way to go here.

Last edited:

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
NCM or Pittrace an option? :iono:

Nah it's really down to those two. Both in August.

I don't know anybody who lives near, or is attending, either NCM or Pittrace again this year. Friends who did Pitt did it earlier in the year.

Otherwise I could scrap both and just do the David Murry 2-day event at Road America in late Aug.... but I'm pretty "meh" overall on Road America. But another group of friends will be there, and one of them owns a condo up there so free place to stay again. It's also the most expensive of the 3 choices - but it's also essentially unlimited track time. 2 days of straight green flag.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Ah okay, was gonna say the drive takes your directly past NCM and through Nashville so maybe you could make a nice little trip out of it. At the very least stop in Nashville get some spicy chicken for the road.

Either way sounds fun, im sure you'd have more fun in Atlanta with your buddy. First time to Atlanta?

Ya first time running Road Atlanta.

Been to Atlanta itself a few times. But not the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.