GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

180mph top speed

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
Good to hear. So, my assumption that it would riskier on air susp, was correct?

i mean it all depends on the AiR set up.. if its a 5 dollar ECS kit then who knows but if we are talking about some good quality products, then it should be fine.. Bagyard..AccuAir..

i think, the reason why people are so scared to go that fast on AiR is simply the thought of a bag poping and etc. There are cars out there that are track driven and on AiR so who knows.. :iono:

Corky79

Ready to race!
Why do you need to go that fast?

OneHotHatch

Ready to race!
So it's pointless to put a completely unreachable speed on the speedometer?! Oh I guess it would be better to put a topspeed in the speedo as 120, so that it is completely reachable, and from 120 on after you just guess your speed?!

OneHotHatch

Ready to race!
I've hit 160 on stage I down a long hill on I-79... The rev limit isn't high enough for a 180

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
So it's pointless to put a completely unreachable speed on the speedometer?! Oh I guess it would be better to put a topspeed in the speedo as 120, so that it is completely reachable, and from 120 on after you just guess your speed?!

Yep. My first new car was a 1988 Mustang GT convert. and it only had an 85MPH speedometer, designed back when the national highway speed limits were 55MPH.

One of the first things I recall doing was adding the 140MPH speedo.

I'd hate to see the days come again with very low maximum speedometer limits because we're all supposed to only be doing 55MPH and the fact that .gov agencies appear to make up and remove regulations for no reason than to give them something to do. :rolleyes:

Wikipedia said:
source link

85 mph speedometers

On September 1, 1979, in a regulation that also regulated speedometer and odometer accuracy, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) required speedometers to have special emphasis on the number 55 and a maximum speed of 85 mph (137 km/h). However, on October 22, 1981, NHTSA proposed eliminating speedometer and odometer rules because they were "unlikely to yield significant safety benefits" and "[a] highlighted '55' on a speedometer scale adds little to the information provided to the driver by a roadside speed limit sign."