GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'Clicking' Noise when drivetrain not under load

Naffy

Passed Driver's Ed
basically the shop has been incredibly slow. original estimate was they would get the replacement transmission last wednesday. I called thursday for an update, only for them to tell me the new estimate to receive the transmission is today. hopefully i have an update by the end of the day that they at least received it. i can't say i normally bash shops for nonsense like this, but i can't say i've had a shop fix any problem in years. that being said, its getting a little ridiculous with the lack of communication.

at this rate im regretting not just getting the six speed secondhand and slowly putting it back together.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
basically the shop has been incredibly slow. original estimate was they would get the replacement transmission last wednesday. I called thursday for an update, only for them to tell me the new estimate to receive the transmission is today. hopefully i have an update by the end of the day that they at least received it. i can't say i normally bash shops for nonsense like this, but i can't say i've had a shop fix any problem in years. that being said, its getting a little ridiculous with the lack of communication.

at this rate im regretting not just getting the six speed secondhand and slowly putting it back together.
Well if they haven't received the 5 speed tranny yet maybe you could make it worth your while. :wosschilder980:

Naffy

Passed Driver's Ed
Got it back this morning! Turns out they got the parts and installed yesterday. Once I get time I'll have to do the sigma 5 install still, hopefully in the next few weeks i'll get a chance.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
No feedback so i guess everything worked out with the 5 speed.

I wanted to ask Naffy a few questions, my Son's Golf is having some issues that may be shift fork related related. The shifter can select gears but the H pattern spacing is extremely small, try selecting 1st and you get 3rd or viseversa. I checked the linkage and there are no obstructions so the problem is inside the gear box. Golf is parked sitting in the drive way, for now my Son is driving the Tiguan.

Last edited: