GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Pretty cool. Ya the issue with the IE setup is not only does it move the throttle body to the drivers side of the car more but it also moves it to the front of the car significantly as well, so if the filter is too large in any direction it won't fit unless you run a 45 degree coupling. I can't do that as that is where the catch can lives. I liked having the catch can on the other side of the engine bay but I have come to find out how important not having the can close to the valve cover outlet is to proper air/oil separation.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I have looked eat the IE Filter on a Rabbit with the IE SRI and IE CAI, they have their version of the bell mouth attached to the shield.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Small update to the spoiler discussion, found and pulled the trigger on an eBay one that claims it'll fit. Not worried if it doesn't, eBay has a money back guarantee on returns, and I can always dispute it. Link is here if anyone else wants to look. When it comes in and I get it on I'll take pictures and update everyone.

Dartregor

Ready to race!
Well im finally back after my two month long business trip. Started the car up earlier this morning and got yelled at by the low coolant level sensor. So i poped the hood and sure enough it was dry. So good bews is its bot my head-gasket like i thought. Bad news. Its leaking faster now and appears to be coming from passenger side radiator. Possibly the drivers side also. When i get some time ill have to pop off my bumper and inspect to see whats the deal.

Untill then my gallon jug of distilled water will be my driving partner to run errands. Need to seriously look at getting another car to have as a backup. Think a lease is heading my way faster than i thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
....Its leaking faster now and appears to be coming from passenger side radiator. Possibly the drivers side also. When i get some time ill have to pop off my bumper and inspect to see whats the deal...
Since you're handy a Rad Replacement is under 2 hours once you know how, it is not as easy as a GTI/Tiguan rad replacement but you gatta take off the bumper cover and supports; if you need a quick walk through let me know.

Dartregor

Ready to race!
Thanks i may hit you up my next free weekend. Working on transitioning in my company. So i dont have a ton of free time right now. Just gona keep adding water since its above freezing till i can get to it.

Its a rather annoying fast leak tho. Like two days ago on my home from an event about a mile into driving my buzzer for low coolant went off. Filled it up/accidentally all the way cause it was dark and drove the 10 miles home. Next day drove 35 miles into detroit and around to a couple other places and probably racked up like 50 miles before the buzzer came on again. [emoji849]

On a side note in two days im getting the alignment fixed so hopefully that corrects my weird abs problem.

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
Been a while since I last posted here.. finally had time to get across the border to pick up my packages, but finally have my GTI suspension and taillights in hand. Had to replace a burnt out side marker tonight, so I went ahead and installed the LED tails at the same time.

Suspension will have to wait as I need to get mounts before installing those :(

As always, pics!

Dartregor

Ready to race!
Been a while since I last posted here.. finally had time to get across the border to pick up my packages, but finally have my GTI suspension and taillights in hand. Had to replace a burnt out side marker tonight, so I went ahead and installed the LED tails at the same time.

As always, pics!

Looking good man. What brand are your tails and are they reg cherry red or tinted at all? End of the year im hoping to have the same set up. Just waiting on the black friday sales. Almost bought them a couple times but then i tell myself. Just wait last year they were like 15-20% off. Itll be worth the savings.

After that though my modding is gona die down. Maybe in the spring ill do stage 2 but after that im saving for my mortgage and student loans. Current repayment play that i made up for my self should have those things paid off in a little under two years. Then im saving for a beast car which basically has our engine as its heart.

Dartregor

Ready to race!
Flying to San Francesco tomorrow for the weekend.

https://www.pca.org/news/2017-08-15/porsche-rennsport-reunion-vi-be-held-laguna-seca-sept-2018

Hopefully I can get a VW or something fun at the airport to rent.

So i tore apart the front end of my car today and stopped just short of removing the core support and radiator. Only thing that really stopped me from fixing this is not having any parts to put on. Im just kinda ambivalent on the ordering stuff and getting to it cause im not 100% sure on my work schedule and also not having a garage doesnt help either. The leak has gotten pretty bad so the car is Undriveable on anything over a short trip without hauling around more than a gallon of water.

So i guess next steps are getting my work figured out then ordering a new rad and maybe hoses for my car.

On a side note it looks like the car was in a little fender bender in the past. The core support is cracked on both sides right next to the impact bar (the big ass bar that goes side to side and has beefy 4 bolts attached to the frame. The shock absorber also has cracks but no dent so no idea about that. Came across some minor rust spots on the cars leading edge fender where the headlight almost touches which kinda bums me out.
Overall in a feeling of meh about the car.

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
Looking good man. What brand are your tails and are they reg cherry red or tinted at all? End of the year im hoping to have the same set up. Just waiting on the black friday sales. Almost bought them a couple times but then i tell myself. Just wait last year they were like 15-20% off. Itll be worth the savings.

After that though my modding is gona die down. Maybe in the spring ill do stage 2 but after that im saving for my mortgage and student loans. Current repayment play that i made up for my self should have those things paid off in a little under two years. Then im saving for a beast car which basically has our engine as its heart.

These are just the VLAND replicas, in regular cherry red! Bought them off a 20% off eBay purchase which took these to just under $200USD. Couldn't bring myself to pay too much for an aesthetic purchase with no performance increase.

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie

As always, pics!
So u need new mounts for the gti suspension? Don't they come with OEMs?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
So u need new mounts for the gti suspension? Don't they come with OEMs?

You should always change the mounts when changing suspension. It is a wear item and if you reuse the bearings and mounts you are likely to get creaks and other annoying noises.

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
You should always change the mounts when changing suspension. It is a wear item and if you reuse the bearings and mounts you are likely to get creaks and other annoying noises.
Thanks.how about the wheel bearings? Just got told by my mechanic, 2 fronts need to be replaces,that's why riding on my 18" wheels I was hearing the humming noise.I'm about 100000km on the car.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks.how about the wheel bearings? Just got told by my mechanic, 2 fronts need to be replaces,that's why riding on my 18" wheels I was hearing the humming noise.I'm about 100000km on the car
I have bought from them yet but this Canadian site has the best prices on Front Wheel bearings.
https://ca.autoshack.com/
Let us know how the transaction goes.