GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought a Golf R

-SnowmanMafia-

Passed Driver's Ed

jackhossross

Ready to race!
Thanks man! Are you going to Daniels for school did I read? I graduated from DU back in 2015.

Let me know when you get the 6 piston brakes! I'm really interested in getting a set for my car at some point.

I am in Daniels!

I will - happy to meet up for beers sometime and talk some car! I'm on Tapatalk, feel free to message me sometime if you're looking for beers.

Jack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-SnowmanMafia-

Passed Driver's Ed
Awesome, we should definitely do that sometime soon!

-SnowmanMafia-

Passed Driver's Ed
Bought some things:

Also hoping to get the car dyno'd this saturday at a local shop. They're hosting a dyno day on their Mustang AWD 150 dyno.

Judging off results from this thread: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79776

I'm hopeful to be somewhere around 260awhp and 265awtq. But, being in Denver and a mile high in the sky I'm not sure what Ill put down with my mods.

-SnowmanMafia-

Passed Driver's Ed
Sooooo installed the boost gauge. The piping that was supplied with the gauge is too small to fit over the nipple of the ECS boost tap I bought...

The gauge is all wired up and lights up but just reads blank since its not got a vacuum line running to it yet...

I found this out AFTER I ran the tubing through the firewall and into the engine bay. Im hoping I can just tape the two tubes together and pull the new tubing I bought straight into the engine bay when it arrives.

This is what I bought: http://www.42draftdesigns.com/boost-gauge-tubing-kit

Other than that, the Passport Digital Evo gauge looks really nice.

I mounted it with the ECS Tuning angled air vent mount. However, the bolts on the back of the gauge did not line up with the mount inside the vent... so I dremeled out the mount and the gauge fits snuggly inside the vent now. Makes it easy to pull out if I need to change the dimming settings.

-------------

Also went to a dyno day. Ran on a Mustang AWD dyno at like 5000ft of elevation. Put down 215awhp / 240awtq.

A mk7 R with a downpipe and APR stage 2 and put down 270awhp / 339awtq.

An 08 SL550 (makes 382/391 at the crank stock) put down 270rwhp/323rwtq I think.

A 1995 Miata put down an AMAZING 66rwhp and 71rwtq. It was rammed and straight piped hah.

A manual swapped C5 RS6 with a tune, intakes and intercoolers only put down like 225awhp/240awtq. His first two runs were right about that, the last run looked like he boost spiked then you could see the car stuttering hard and the turbo was hesitating. The dyno chart dropped like a cliff then rose back up slowly but never to full numbers. Seemed like it was heat soaking really bad. He wasn't happy at all with his numbers and left really quick.

Overall I'm kinda meh about the numbers. It seems like the Mustang was reading SUPER low for everyone. My car pulls really hard so Im not concerned.

I'd like to get it thrown on a Dynojet at some point to compare.

Last edited:

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Making progress on the mods. Installed some OEM Euro tails tonight.

Hi, Great pics, love the car! I've also just installed OEM led tails, do you find that your outer tails are somewhat brighter than the inner tails

-SnowmanMafia-

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, Great pics, love the car! I've also just installed OEM led tails, do you find that your outer tails are somewhat brighter than the inner tails

I don't think so, they seem pretty even to me. The outer one may look brighter in the picture because the camera was staring straight into those diodes.

zrickety

The Fixer
It's hard to catch LED lights in pictures...the oem ones are definitely even when compared to reps.
Your R looks great, I hope to pick up a used one someday.