GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OIL SEPARATOR SYSTEM

HandicappedGTI

Ready to race!
soo other than the pcv and the 2 hoses that connect to them... are there any other components to the system?? i recently replaced the pcv, not the two hoses though because they looked to be in good shape, but i feel like there is still too much pressure in the block because the oil cap is still under alot of pressure when the car is running, but once the dipstick is uncapped that pressure is gone, can anyone give me some more insight, or point me in the right direction

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
I cant tell you for sure but sounds like blow by could be an issue. Have you done a compression test? I see catch cans used often, I had one on my old vw but it was air cooled.
You are losing oil out the exhaust correct? Burning it?

HandicappedGTI

Ready to race!
I cant tell you for sure but sounds like blow by could be an issue. Have you done a compression test? I see catch cans used often, I had one on my old vw but it was air cooled.
You are losing oil out the exhaust correct? Burning it?

yeah im definitely burning oil, just wanted to rule out certain things before i think its the head, planning on doing a compression test but ive been busy latley, and ive checked the lines from the pcv and there dry..... idk