GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need unbiased opinion please.

Cooktenstein

Ready to race!
So for a few months now, i have been thinking that my car looks like it has some reverse rake. What do you guys think? Should i go lower with my front? In certain pics and angles it looks fine, but others it seems like maybe my back is lower than the front. Thanks in advance and any critisism will be taken well. Fire Away!!

And here is an old pic from summer.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I think it's a visual trick based on the lines of the car.

To me, it looks friggin perfect. Gorgeous car with that drop.

ABD Racing

Ready to race!
I think it's a visual trick based on the lines of the car.

To me, it looks friggin perfect. Gorgeous car with that drop.

dead on!

when looking at cars, the rear fender is always lower on the body than the front so it plays a trick on your eyes because they are drawn to the gap front to rear (BMW's have this bad) . The trick to prove this wrong is to look (or measure) at the distance from the ground to the front of the side skirt and then do the same at the rear...youll find in most cases that the front of the car is still lower than the rear. The only way to cure this is to raise the rear a smidget.

have this same issue with mine also, it bugs the sh*t out of me some days, and then some other days it looks perfect, go figure.
hope this helps.

MK6moneyGANG

Go Kart Champion
Front wells are bigger then the back . So maybe that's why it seems like that .

cwGTIautobahn

Ready to race!
To low. But maybe that's due to my age. haha

Cooktenstein

Ready to race!
Thanks for all the feedback guys. ST, no rubbing issues now that i am running full firm on the front. ABD, im going to measure side skirt height and see what i come up with ( good idea). Again, thanks for the feedback. :clap:

DarkCloak

Banned
Your car looks fine but as for functionality here is something to consider.

If you go reverse rake on an FWD you will have increased wheelspin when accelerating hard. When the vehicle accelerates froward weight shifts to the rear (Newton's 3rd Law) subsequently raising the front end. In an FWD that results in less weight (force x gravity) on the drive wheels reducing traction. The rear by being lower will allow even more of the energy to efficiently transfer.

Thus, why back in the early days of FWD Import Racing, the big tires with jacked up 1500lb spring rear end was born with the anti-wheelie bars. Lower front end with a slightly stiffer rear that'll hook up.

As a result people may think you're stupid because you have the force over the wrong wheels. Kind of like they do for staggered fitment on the FWD.