GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2nd Official VW DriverGear Sport Springs Group-Buy

zVp

Go Kart Champion
2nd Official VW DriverGear Sport Springs Group-Buy

Thank you for your interest in the 2nd Official VW DriverGear Sport Springs Group-Buy on golfmk6.com. Please read the entirety of this post before PMing me. ANY PMs MISSING SUFFICIENT INFORMATION WILL BE IGNORED.

These prices are in USD and include shipping to the continental US.
You will be receiving the springs and additional hardware (if applicable) from Bud Klemp at Dean McCrary VW - http://dmcvolkswagen.com/.
If you are a Canadian, please add $24.00 for shipping. I personally got docked for $40 in duties, taxes, brokerage, etc. but it may be more or less, I cannot guarantee.

Information (including shipping)

2 door Manual, 2.5, GTI, or TDI = 5K3071677A = $240.00
2 door DSG, GTI or TDI = 5K3071677B = $240.00
4 door, Manual, GTI or TDI = 5K4071677A = $275.00
4 door, DSG, GTI or TDI = 5K4071677B $240.00
Additional Hardware = $48.00 (plus shipping if not buying springs)

Please Note: 4 door, Manual, GTI or TDI springs are priced higher than the others.

Please Note: See below for the additional hardware list. We cannot pick and choose, it will be either you get it all or get none.

-------------------------------------------

Please PM the following:
Copy and paste is acceptable.

Full Name:
Shipping Address:
Payment Type (see below):
Springs Wanted:
Additional Hardware Required (yes/no):

PayPal or Credit Card

If you choose PayPal, please attach your PayPal address. Ensure your PayPal address matches your shipping address to prevent any confusion between the vendor and PayPal.

If you choose Credit Card, I will PM instructions how to contact Bud once the billing process is starting. PLEASE DO NOT PUT YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION IN THE PM, I WILL DELETE THE PM AND YOU WILL HAVE TO SEND ME YOUR PM AGAIN WITHOUT YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION.

Also, if I do not reply to your PM with a confirmation I have received it, don't fret. Just give it a bit (no more than a day) for me to get it, put it into my spreadsheet and update the list in the post below.

DEADLINE: 22 April 2012 11:59PM EST

Additional Hardware List

Rear:
1. Lower Control Arm Bolts, N-106-107-02, 2 needed
2. Lower Control Arm Nuts, N-101-064-02, 2 needed

Front:
1. Drive Axle Bolt, WHT-002-795, 2 needed -- (IF REMOVING AXLE BOLTS!!!)
2. Stabilizer bar connecting link nut, N-015-081-6, 2 needed
3. Front lower control arm nuts, N-103-320-02, 6 needed
4. Strut lower bolt, N-909-548-02, 2 needed
5. Strut lower nut, N-101-064-02, 2 needed (same nut as used on rear shock lower nut)
6. Strut upper bolts, N-101-277-07, 6 needed
7. Strut assembly rod nut, N-910-216-01, 2 needed
8. Strut Bearings, 6N0412249C, 2 needed

Huge thanks goes to snobrdrdan for all the information required for this and being the guinea pig. Please refer to http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12098 for more information. It is imperative you read this thread - or get the jist of it - before making your final decision on springs. I will not be liable for you getting the wrong springs since you wanted a lower drop but didn't achieve it.

Last edited:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Confirmed with PM Info
Additional Hardware is $48.00 on top of springs
Shipping to Canada, please add $24.00 to final price.

1. wilbs + additional hardware PAID
2. J-Cooz + (2 sets of) additional hardware PAID/RECEIVED
3. LFEX59 + additional hardware
4. ff54976
5. Woweriux + additional hardware PAID

1. sYnth. + additional hardware

1. SteveGT + additional hardware PAID
2. tschatzinger + additional hardware PAID/RECEIVED
3. rasibert + additional hardware PAID

1. Jason668 + additional hardware PAID
2. Bandit + additional hardware PAID
3. ErsteGTI + additional hardware PAID/RECEIVED

Last edited:

n8sCSGMK6

Passed Driver's Ed
zVP - I apologize if I missed this information somewhere, but I was wondering if you can answer a few questions for me before I commit.

1. Does the $275 for the 4-dr, Manual, GTI include shipping to the U.S., or do I have to pay for shipping in addition to that too? I live in California.

2. I'm not sure about whether or not I need to buy the "Additional Hardware" bag for $48. I looked at the original posting by snobrdrdan and it seems like we all need to get the additional hardware...unless we already have those required parts on hand. Is my understanding correct?

If so, I'd be looking at spending $275 + $48 + (possible shipping). Is that correct?

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
zVP - I apologize if I missed this information somewhere, but I was wondering if you can answer a few questions for me before I commit.

1. Does the $275 for the 4-dr, Manual, GTI include shipping to the U.S., or do I have to pay for shipping in addition to that too? I live in California.

2. I'm not sure about whether or not I need to buy the "Additional Hardware" bag for $48. I looked at the original posting by snobrdrdan and it seems like we all need to get the additional hardware...unless we already have those required parts on hand. Is my understanding correct?

If so, I'd be looking at spending $275 + $48 + (possible shipping). Is that correct?

Same question.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Shipping is included for you lucky Americans ;)

Also, the additional hardware is highly recommended to get unless you have them already. I think 99% of people opt to get it. So for the manual 4dr, you'll be paying $275 + $48 + no shipping (unless you're in Canada or non-continental USA).

I haven't had anyone tell me they paid extra - I'm not too sure about duties and taxes when it comes to state to state shipping, though. I think the rules are a bit different up here in Canada when it comes to that stuff. However, the Californians that ordered from the previous group-buy never got charged extra :)

And J-Cooz, lucky! I need an American family member. Maybe I should ship my things to your brother next time ;)

n8sCSGMK6

Passed Driver's Ed
PM sent!

zVp

Go Kart Champion
For the Canadians:

I got docked for $40.01 in duties. However, the item was marked less for duties. HST on marked value, 29.70 brokerage fee and 3.86 tax for the brokerage fee.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
For the Canadians:

I got docked for $40.01 in duties. However, the item was marked less for duties. HST on marked value, 29.70 brokerage fee and 3.86 tax for the brokerage fee.

Not bad. You may be getting a PM shortly. Very close to pulling the trigger