GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$1000 budget.

raaalph

Ready to race!
Intake + Tune should always be the first mod

I vote tails. Since your car is so new you should enjoy it stock for a while. That way when you do get it tuned it will feel new again.

I agree with grambles, but see where J-Cooz is coming from. Then again, I waited a year before doing ANYTHING (intake and tune were first mods) to my car, so what do I know?:laugh:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Intake + Tune does wonders for this car.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
What better time than now to GO APR - spring sale just started!

Up to 15% off - Check our site or feel free to PM me!

Andy

cwGTIautobahn

Ready to race!
Tune & intake for sure!

Tails don't do anything but look different

MMM.PWR

Ready to race!
Thanks to all of you guys for taking the time to reply. I'm still leaning towards the stage 1 upgrade, but didn't realize I could fit the intake into my budget as well.

Is the intake worth it? What exactly is the difference? ~10 more HP? Or is there more to it?

I WISH I could squeeze tails + APR but I can't right now. I told myself I'd leave it stock and look where I am. On the edge of making an appt.

On the downside, I'll have to wait before taking full advantage of my new found power. :)

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

GTITX1

Ready to race!
Stage 1, no doubt. I wouldn't bother "enjoying it stock", I liked the car stock, but did feel it was missing some grunt. Stage 1 is what the GTI should be from the factory IMO.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Intake and tune while the sale is going on. It's perfect timing.

Don't worry about enjoying your car. I waited over a week before I tuned.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
You should wait a year before tune.
Crazy to get immediately when new and so few miles. That's a big gamble.
Don't bother with intakes either. To get any value for money for it you should never use your radio again. Otherwise it's pointless.

McQueen77

Banned
Tune and pocket the extra cash for your future clutch upgrade..

MMM.PWR

Ready to race!
I definitely would like to wait longer, a year is not bad at all. However that is easier said than done!

Question.. I searched but couldn't find anything.

I have a service appt in about 1-2 months from now. If I end up getting the APR tune will this affect me in any way once I take it in?

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
It will be logged that your car is tuned. That's all.
At very least wait til after that - which will mean the summer sale. Just past April let the sale end and you won't feel the pressure to get it until the next sale.

If you have a DSG just use sport. That's mad enough to not need to bother with a tune for a while.

MMM.PWR

Ready to race!
Maybe I'll do that then..

Get Led tails now and APR in the summer sale. win win