GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR 2.0 TSI K04 v3.1 Software Now Available!

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
.026 seems extreme considering they start out at .032 no?

.026 was determined to be the best fit for our cars with the 8's.
.024 caused too many misfires & didnt run right
.028 did not have the proper burn pattern, basically blowing out too early

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
So I just picked up the NGK plugs and asked where the feeler gauges were. They said "You can't gap these plugs because you'll destroy the tips." They wouldn't even show me where the gauge was to buy it. Dickheads. What do these plugs come pregapped at?

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
So I just picked up the NGK plugs and asked where the feeler gauges were. They said "You can't gap these plugs because you'll destroy the tips." They wouldn't even show me where the gauge was to buy it. Dickheads. What do these plugs come pregapped at?
Pre gapped at .032
Re-gap to .026
You can regap them just fine

Use:

and

Isj

Go Kart Champion
I didn't bother searching through this thread but my friend has the k04 v2.0 software and wants to update to 3.1, can he install the bosch 3 bar sensor before getting the software updated? He is going to waterfest to get the update.

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!

GlfSprtCT1

Go Kart Champion
I didn't bother searching through this thread but my friend has the k04 v2.0 software and wants to update to 3.1, can he install the bosch 3 bar sensor before getting the software updated? He is going to waterfest to get the update.

he can.. but the car wont be happy. best to ibstall the sensor and not plug it in, that way the car runs in limp mode and doesnt blow anything up.

FastersBetter1

Ready to race!
To confirm: the plug to use is the NGK BKR8EIX Stock#2668? Amazon said it doesn't fit my car??

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
I just ordered me a set of bkr8eix's and a gapper tool for $35 shipped with amazon prime. I figured it wasn't worth saving a couple bucks going to ebay