GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB Tuning Accessport now Supports 2010-2014 Mk6 GTI!

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
I felt that the lack of the more varied BT builds stemmed from a lack of available tuning solutions for something that is not off the shelf. This is becoming quickly resolved via the AP.

I guess only time will tell, as of yet are their any big turbo Cobb tuned cars yet?

I still think it's a money thing for a lot, hopefully that will change being these cars are not getting into 2nd and 3rd owners at cheaper prices. There have been capable big turbo tunes for awhile, it's just people not wanting to spend the money.

For example apr has had a fairly reasonably priced tsi kit since 2010 in some fashion. Some will argue the price being reasonable but it comes with literally everything but fluids, so that point aside. I have sold more mk7 golf R kits in the roughly last two months(they just came out) then I have sold tsi kits in the last two years.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
How about one step at a time.

You are saying there are plenty of K04 cars around which is true so how about tuning a K04 with the Cobb AP and shows us a dyno of what can be done.

IMO if your Cobb AP K04 tune met or exceeded the competition you might find it to be quite rewarding as you would have many more K04 cars to sell to than an ultimate tune for a big turbo car which seem to be far fewer in number.

:word:

TwistedTuning

Ready to race!
If 3 K04 cars are being tuned now how long will it be before at least one is done and could you post some dyno results.

Also I have the MED 17.5.2 ECU and would like to know if the Cobb AP will work on my ECU and if not how long before I can buy the Cobb AP and have it work on my car?
i will post any results I get. whether it be here or my tuning page. but it'll be posted definitely.

as for support for that ECU. that's something Cobb themselves would need to answer. although they have been pretty clear about their support path from the start.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Turbo Beetle

Ready to race!
It would be great to see your Cobb K04 dyno results posted here.

What is the support path that Cobb is taking and how do I find out when the 17.5.2 ECU will be supported. I assumed you had frequent contact with Cobb and you might know.

I would think a request from you to Cobb might have more weight as you sell their product and we would be just a single customer with a request.

Last edited:

TwistedTuning

Ready to race!
It would be great to see your Cobb K04 dyno results posted here. What is the support path that Cobb is taking and how do I find out when the 17.5.2 ECU will be supported. I assumed you had frequent contact with Cobb and you might know.
support path they disclosed was....

MK6 GTI > MK7 GTI > MK6 and 7 Golf R > DSG tunes > then will look at the MK5. and other models like the jettas and etc. one may be out of order. going off memory without going back and looking.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
Ugh, just read through the entire thread. Torn on whether to go APR or Cobb for the upcoming tune...

The AP would be nice to have.

At the end of the day, I still need to figure out Cobb's Stage 1+ implications for CA car laws.

Holguin831

Passed Driver's Ed
After the update my stage 2 AP tune while in regular drive mode (dsg) seems very rough and shifts super early unless nearly flooring it then it just spins, and peaks at 21 psi. Not a problem on the psi just seeing if thats about normal. should i uninstall and reinstall stage 2? Or go back to stage 1+ which seemed like a smoother power band and not so choppy. Mainly in 1st and 2nd gear then 3rd and on is fairly smooth

SirClimax

Ready to race!
Ugh, just read through the entire thread. Torn on whether to go APR or Cobb for the upcoming tune...

The AP would be nice to have.

At the end of the day, I still need to figure out Cobb's Stage 1+ implications for CA car laws.

Tuning your car in most of CA is illegal because it alters the emissions of the vehicle but with cobb you can completely uninstall the tune resulting in no issues getting smogged

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
Tuning your car in most of CA is illegal because it alters the emissions of the vehicle but with cobb you can completely uninstall the tune resulting in no issues getting smogged

The issue then is the intake/exhaust. I don't think Cobb has CARB certified parts for our cars and they won't pass the visual inspection.

SirClimax

Ready to race!
The issue then is the intake/exhaust. I don't think Cobb has CARB certified parts for our cars and they won't pass the visual inspection.

This is a quote from their website: "This intake system will not be CARB certified. We are working on an a separate intake system which we hope to have CARB certified in the future."

The downpipe cannot be CARB legal though. The trick is to ask around for someone who skips the visual test.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Buy another CARB certified intake.. there are a few.

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
Stage 2 91. Launch control still wont work with either manual or sport. Trac control shut off, switched into either man or sport, brake to the floor, revs just below 2500 for about 2 seconds then the car drops rpm all the way down to idle. Tune is the new v102 w updated accessport software. Need some help on this

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
After the update my stage 2 AP tune while in regular drive mode (dsg) seems very rough and shifts super early unless nearly flooring it then it just spins, and peaks at 21 psi. Not a problem on the psi just seeing if thats about normal. should i uninstall and reinstall stage 2? Or go back to stage 1+ which seemed like a smoother power band and not so choppy. Mainly in 1st and 2nd gear then 3rd and on is fairly smooth

I find that especially on DSG cars, a variation in parts can affect how the car shifts and drives quite a bit especially when increasing load and boost targets.

This starts to be pro-tune territory if you want a very smooth response for your particular car.