GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New gti owner!

tbakic

added a few pics

hey all, i just signed the papers on a 2012 gti in grey, dsg, sunroof, upgraded stereo. Back when i was younger i was on the mazda forums all the time when i had a protege/mazdaspeed and i loved the community. Now getting a gti here i am! When looking for a new car the gti was not even on my radar untill a car salesman friend of mine suggested i test drive one. I was instantly sold on it haha. Just waiting to pick up car from the dealer, they are fixing some scratches in the paint and doing a a chemical paint protection process(i forgot what its called)

idk how much i will end up doing my car, probably TBE, CAI, stage II tune, rims...etc. I look forward to the community!

also i drove manual since i was 16, but i test drove a manual and dsg gti back to back, and actually preferred the dsg. Idk but it felt more alive, maybe its just me but i thought the clutch/shifter and a lack of feeling:iono:; hence me getting a dsg not manual)

Last edited:

kerp

Ready to race!
Welcome! My previous car was an 07 Mazda 3. I'm sure you'll love the upgrade as much as I did/ do.

Jont189

Passed Driver's Ed
Enjoy the dsg. I love mine more everyday. Some springs make this car feel much better, and spacers fill out the wheel wells a little better. Tuning to stage 2 is awesome. Gotta get that tbe so it's kind of expensive, but worth it. Enjoy the car brother!

2013 DBP GTI - Revotechnik Stage 2 - Neuspeed Catback - CTS catted Downpipe - Black Smoke Depo LED tails - Neuspeed Sport Springs - H&R 10mm spacers

zrickety

The Fixer
Use manual mode, you'll never miss the clutch. Welcome!

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
yeah the gti has one of the best automatics, yet not so great on manuals. you will get bored with it in a matter of time, i know i did, oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtiGreateness

Ready to race!
Congrats on a great vehicle and welcome.

I agree with you there. Was gonna buy a new MK6 few years back, had my heart set on a manual just to be disappointed, and I was comparing to a 96 passat GLX VR6 hah. I wish I test drove the DSG back then but When your young and arrogant! Oh well Got my 2011 DSG few weeks back and look for any excuse to hop in the car. And i'm still riding stock.

United Motorsport or ARP tune in the next couple weeks.

tbakic

i just picked up my GTI it took 2 weeks for the bank to pay the dealer :mad:so i couldnt pick up the car until just yesterday!!!

anywho funny story, i never started the car myself, my salesman drove it up for me when i test drove it, stupid not to turn it on and off myself i know, but i got a nice surprise!!! i have gauge sweep on startup:thumbup: i thought this was only possible through vagcom, so either the previous owner did it or i am mistaken and some models did indeed come with it.

Just ordered a full interior led kit w/red footwells from deautokey, Thanks!
next is intake and exhaust.

Every time i drive my GTI i smile, i love it. happy customer

also the search function on this forum is like....idk, ah broken lol. No results for "dsg" in the entire thread hahaha

hjl1004

Love my DSG ! Congratulations on your purchase. I'm sure you will absolutely love the car even more everyday.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Welcome!

zrickety

The Fixer
Post some pics!

tbakic

i installed my monster mats today and a new cabin air filter. the car was in florida for its whole life, now in wisconsin, and i do believe the filter soaked up all that humid nasty swamp air(no offense floridians) but the air vents were putting out a nasty ol' stank. Filter fixed that right up!

also at starbucks today it was pretty empty and a new golf r was parking right as i was, we had a nice conversation. First VW enthusiast i met and he was nice guy, i snapped a pic from from my rear view mirror

dutchboy208

Passed Driver's Ed
Welcome to the club! I'm new too - just got mine last month. Also, I'm from Florida and I hate you. ;)

Check the service history to see if the water pump has been replaced already.