GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Was thinking of making a thread about my TDI replacement(s), but wasn't sure if it's worth the effort due to limited traffic these days :(

What are you listening to these days?

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Not EDM or trap, I can assure you of that lol

It alternates from time to time. Currently I've been fancying this BBC Radio 1 session with a rather eclectic tracklisting here.

Lol, I was just thinking about the Flying Lizards the other day. Their 'Money' EP was one of the first "punk" records I ever bought back in 78 or 79. Been listening to a lot of New Order lately. I love the extended version video of Perfect Kiss. Peter Hook FTW.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Just curious....what soap do you use to wash them?

CG's Microfiber Wash a scam or actually useful?
(that's what I have/use, but was wondering what you used)

I just use regular laundry detergent and do a double rinse cycle. Yeah I used to use those specialty microfiber soaps, and yes, they are a huge rip-off.

Jaber

Modero
Shit. Just got this from the wife.

What the hell is that? A retread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably this?

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
$50 bucks - sounds like a pretty good price - are the puddle lights hare to install? - do you have to pull the door cards off?

Free shipping, not bad. Sold!

yes door cards need to come off if i remember correctly. shit, i shoulda taken maine out. was too cold i coulda given you those too

Jaber

Modero
Dashcam finally kicked the bucket with the cold weather this morning, locks up after a minute. Just ordered the Rove R2-4K and 64GB microSD card for it.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
10/10

"Exxon Mobil announces $50 billion in new US investments over 5 years generating 12,000 new jobs , citing tax reform"

Dashcam finally kicked the bucket with the cold weather this morning, locks up after a minute. Just ordered the Rove R2-4K and 64GB microSD card for it.

Looks like a good choice, not too expensive either

Last edited:

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
10/10

"Exxon Mobil announces $50 billion in new US investments over 5 years generating 12,000 new jobs , citing tax reform"

Looks like a good choice, not too expensive either

Wonder how the libs will spin this one. That's like what, 5 major corps citing tax changes as to why they are investing more money in the US?

Really looking for to the state of the nation tonight.

Jaber

Modero
I thought we got our raise, checked my rate and it is the same. Just less Federal taxes being taken out of this check for this upcoming pay period.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
They really are from the bottom of the barrel parts bin. I really liked my 98 XJ Cherokee. I ended up selling that one because it was rusting something fierce. Wheeled it and beat the snot out of it. Sold it 3 years after I bought it for damn near what I paid for it.

That is the only thing they have going for them. They retain so much value when you sell them. I look at used ones and they are STILL $30K with 50K miles on them. I rather just buy new at that point. Mine would take place of my 4Runner which is just a small around town beater. I figure I might as well get a Rubicon so that I can get into wheeling again and not have to do much work to get to it to be capable.

The new models really are nice inside, but I am not buying a luxury vehicle. You thought everyone had them before, just wait. Now they come with blind spot and sensors all around. I am looking at late 90s/early 2000s models with the 4.0, but most are rusted out to nothing. The ones that aren't, people want $15K for them. It's crazy.

Can you think of any other recent car that rots away to nothing like Jeeps do?

Frankly other than Dodge Caravans, Rams, and Jeeps, I hardly ever see a car with rust on it anymore unless it's clearly been in an accident (or is super old).

Probably this?

Yes good call - wifey said that's what the cop thinks it is, too. It's still got the bolts attached to it with shreds of white fiberglass - so it definitely seems like it's part of a truck cab.

Dropped car off at A&L last night. Wife will get the rental car today... bit of a fiasco last night in trying to pick up the rental.

I thought we got our raise, checked my rate and it is the same. Just less Federal taxes being taken out of this check for this upcoming pay period.

Anybody else do their taxes yet for 2017?

Last year, I refi'd my home... and the deduction for fees, etc. is what kept me in the black. Otherwise I would have owed.

This year, I didn't make much more than last year, wife was about the same, I didn't refi or do anything crazy, so overall our income stayed fairly flat - and first pass via TurboTax, I'm getting a BIG refund this year.

I'm super paranoid I'm forgetting something. Anybody else run into this? The Trump tax plan benefits shouldn't kick in until I do taxes NEXT year so that's not it....

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Can you think of any other recent car that rots away to nothing like Jeeps do?

Frankly other than Dodge Caravans, Rams, and Jeeps, I hardly ever see a car with rust on it anymore unless it's clearly been in an accident (or is super old).

Toyota anything. My last new toyota was a 2010 and it was rusting pretty bad by the time I sold it a couple years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.