GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

stage 1 + 2 apr intake

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
This is true. During early TSI testing we showed either a loss or no gain at all by completely removing the intake all together. We know this is not ideal however by freeing up the restriction of the stock intake we figured we would see some gain. Because of this we doubted the potential of a new intake system however we were pretty shocked by the actual gains. I've been rather hesitant to advertise the gains from the intake being as significant as they really are but testing it on MK5's and MK6's over and over and over I can confidently say the gains are very large. The latest tests we conducted were with a new version of our stage 1 and 2 software set for release sometime in the coming months. This software is a bit stronger in the top end and the gains were much larger once the intake was added. Averaging out 6 back to back runs with the stock intake + software vs 6 back to back runs with the carbonio + software we saw variances as big as 20+ wheel HP in the upper RPM's. Most notable gains were above 4000 rpms.

Arin, are you saying I should wait for the new version of your software to come out? I've been planning on buying it in the next couple of months.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Arin, are you saying I should wait for the new version of your software to come out? I've been planning on buying it in the next couple of months.

No. I don't have a tentative date for the new software. Just get it now and the new version will simply be a free update you can do though the OBDII port. The ECU only needs to be removed for your first flash.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
So you're saying that stage 1 software + stage 1 carbonio is a 20hp gain over stage 1 software alone?

That was the largest variance I recorded from 6 averaged runs with the stock intake vs 6 averaged runs with the carbonio intake. I average the runs to rule out any odd ball high or low runs or spikes. Peak power was not as high, but the gap further up in the RPM band towards redline was much larger. When I say peak power I mean the GTI may have put down 250whp with the intake and 245whp without the intake, which is only a 5whp difference, but if you go higher in the RPM band it could be 245whp with the intake and something like 225whp w/o the intake, thus a 20whp increase. Those numbers are just for reference and not actually what we recorded. I'm still gathering data and will publish everything once everything is ready.

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
Hmm interesting... This my be a game changer for me... I'm scheduled to do a software stage 1 this week... But I may just add in the stage 1 intake as well if they stock it.

Btw... Has anyone done any comparison with stock airbox + k&n drop in vs carbonio? Reason I ask is because with my former BMW, I had a gruppe M intake that was similar to the carbonio which sure sounded cool... And looked awsome But it still wasn't any faster than the factory airbox + k&n drop in. Additionally the same thing holds true for the Evo X... Their oem airbox + a performance drop in can make almost as much power as a CAI.

However I do agree... It's the increase in power in the usable part of the rev range that makes a big difference... Out on the track or canyon... I'm much faster trough the turns just being smooth and having power in the usable revrange rather than having to hit redline all the time... That only happens in the straight aways.

Q8_TwinTurbo

Passed Driver's Ed
Congratulations o the purchase and install. I must say that it realy gives a better engien bay look. The intake does add a few(noticeable seat of the pants) hp gain.

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
The latest tests we conducted were with a new version of our stage 1 and 2 software set for release sometime in the coming months. This software is a bit stronger in the top end and the gains were much larger once the intake was added. .

new software? :yikes:

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
Well I'm at the shop... They do have carbonio stage 1 & 2 in stock... So tempted!!! But then the car isn't even broken in yet... I have 200 miles until "go time" when I activate the apr software.

So as I stare at the carbon fiber goodness sitting in front of me within arms reach... I'm trying to convince myself to just wait until the end of the month before the sale is over and buy it then so I can feel the difference

leslie

Ready to race!
sounds better..i noticed some hp gain with the software..

rronan

Passed Driver's Ed
So if you had a choice intake or DP which would yield the higher gains? Just got my stage 1 today and i'm still hungry.

rronan

Passed Driver's Ed
No its fast and fun. Traction is the enemy now. I'm also the type that would take a Honda Civic, gut it, swap the motor out and juice it with NOS. So perhaps you should not listen to me.

leslie

Ready to race!
So if you had a choice intake or DP which would yield the higher gains? Just got my stage 1 today and i'm still hungry.

dp wil give you the best gains..
stage 2 software with the intake and dp makes a big diff..

Randum

Go Kart Champion
I know this came up in another post but couldn't find it. On the tube, I notice what appears to be the seam of the carbon- I assume this is normal, based on what I have seen on bike frames, any comments?