GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Camshaft adjuster magnet

zrickety

The Fixer
Anyone have experience with this? I believe this is the source of my loud ticking noise. Would it cause the occasional stumble or misfire? It it worth cleaning or should I just swap it out?

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
Anyone have experience with this? I believe this is the source of my loud ticking noise. Would it cause the occasional stumble or misfire? It it worth cleaning or should I just swap it out?

I swapped mine out when I was replacing my timing chains. I dropped it upon removal so I replaced it. There's a revised black plastic version, which requires a different electrical connector than the silver metal version.

Here's the electrical connector: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/2-pin-connector-priced-each/4h0973702a/

cons

Passed Driver's Ed

Attachments

• TSI vane.JPG
    TSI vane.JPG
    240.7 KB · Views: 4,621

zrickety

The Fixer
Last edited:

cons

Passed Driver's Ed
You don't need to remove chain to change vanes. But I agree with you to change it then it throws an error.
I didn't hear about plates with a new design.

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
So where are these plates??

I've never heard of this before.

Sent from my stomach using remote control

zrickety

The Fixer

zrickety

The Fixer
Just to update this thread, I've been driving the car pretty hard and last week this ticking noise WENT AWAY. I drove it to Florida and back, roughly 10 hours, and it's smooth and quiet again. I don't really get it. Maybe it was that 'stiction' the car shows talk about?

Edit- Update 6/5/19
Unrelated to the magnet...I think I found the source of the ticking noise. I replaced the intake manifold (P2015) and a large chunk of plastic was missing from between a couple ports. Something that goes over the flapper shaft. There was also considerable wear on the head where this piece was obviously moving around. I believe it was sucked into the head and bouncing around with the valves and eventually inside the cylinder. This would explain how one of my spark plugs got bent and closed up. My friend with the 09 had a similar spark plug issue and he also has a failing manifold, it's probably plastic that sucked into the cylinder.

Last edited: