GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EURO SPORT EXHAUST!!!!!!!!!! review

booey1979

Go Kart Champion
Wowing think this is my future exhaust. It's quiet enought on cruising and not loud which is a big thing for me.

Gti-mrk6

Ready to race!
Bumping this thread since I just installed mine tonight. First impressions are extremely positive. No drone, and is really a pretty mellow catback compared to others I've heard. It's quiet at low throttle and low rpm's, but has a great sound and nice volume as soon as you step on the gas. Great tone, looking forward to seeing/hearing how it breaks in.

Isn't it nice....i loved mine.
Saw your vid, looks like a nice job on the install, i think mine hung lower and i never got around to adjusting it :D

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
Hey long time no see. Almost gave you a call before I bought it to ask a few questions but went ahead and bought it anyway. I was surprised at how nice the tips aligned without any fuss. Maybe I was lucky. At first I did like the look of tips on this exhaust as much as other systems but after seeing them on my car I actually like them better. Plus they can be adjusted. I have them pretty far in so they are a bit more stealth. I might even spray them black at some point unless carbon beats me to it.

Gti-mrk6

Ready to race!
Hey long time no see. Almost gave you a call before I bought it to ask a few questions but went ahead and bought it anyway. I was surprised at how nice the tips aligned without any fuss. Maybe I was lucky. At first I did like the look of tips on this exhaust as much as other systems but after seeing them on my car I actually like them better. Plus they can be adjusted. I have them pretty far in so they are a bit more stealth. I might even spray them black at some point unless carbon beats me to it.

Looks good & sounds good, plus its made of quality steel. It would be interesting to see it in black, I'm also a fan of stealth rather than flashy.
I sold the GTI, bought a jetta and a ducati instead, Saturdays I usually ride with a small group so I can't make it to C&C anymore unfortunately.
I still occasionally browse this forum, always be a fan of gti's.
If you ever need space/tools to work on the car let me know, I'll be happy to help :thumbup:

bigdudeindenim

Ready to race!
Definitely interested on this exhaust. Looks and sounds good. How are the tips? I like the look of the 4" exhaust tips on the Magnaflow. Any idea how easy it would be to put different tips onto the Euro Sport?

bigdudeindenim

Ready to race!
Got some footage this weekend. Not the best, but can probably give you some idea of the sound. Cold start at the beginning. In cabin footage at 2:15, and drive by footage at 5:20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2rGAkS5rKs

Great Video. Cinched it for me on this exhaust. I want something slightly louder than stock, but not as bass heavy as the Magnaflow. The Euro Sport has a slightly more euro sound. Which makes sense given it's name. :D

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
Over the past week the sound and volume has been getting more mellow. Still love it. Very quiet at cruising speeds now. 4k is where the volume gets louder.

I'm sure you could easily use different tips. Since the ones in this kit are separate pieces attached with clamps you could just remove them and use different ones. Like I said before I felt the same way but after installing I decided I actually really like the ones it came with.

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
Great Video. Cinched it for me on this exhaust. I want something slightly louder than stock, but not as bass heavy as the Magnaflow. The Euro Sport has a slightly more euro sound. Which makes sense given it's name. :D

I have yet to hear the MF in person but that is my understanding as well that he 2.5 piping is less boomy and less echo than larger pipes. I would say this system has a nice euro sound and not ricey.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I want something slightly louder than stock, but not as bass heavy as the Magnaflow. The Euro Sport has a slightly more euro sound.

Thats a very good description of the Magnaflow. Thats probably a sound i would have wanted too..

bigdudeindenim

Ready to race!
Over the past week the sound and volume has been getting more mellow. Still love it. Very quiet at cruising speeds now. 4k is where the volume gets louder.

I'm sure you could easily use different tips. Since the ones in this kit are separate pieces attached with clamps you could just remove them and use different ones. Like I said before I felt the same way but after installing I decided I actually really like the ones it came with.
You may be right. I may see the tips and love them. Either way, this is the exhaust for me it would seem. Especially since I will not be going past a Stage 1 tune becauseracecarsnotallowedincalifornia.