GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

5.0 Mustangs...

Renner

Go Kart Champion
Ohh my bad. I saw '14 and read '15. Reading comprehension FTL

found this on topspeed.com

Updated 7/11/2014: A leak within Ford has revealed the the 2015 Mustang will hit production on July 14, 2014 with an "okay to buy" day of September 15, 2014 for the coupe and October 27, 2014 for the convertible.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
found this on topspeed.com

Updated 7/11/2014: A leak within Ford has revealed the the 2015 Mustang will hit production on July 14, 2014 with an "okay to buy" day of September 15, 2014 for the coupe and October 27, 2014 for the convertible.

Yeah, they are touring cars around dealerships now for 1:1 looks.

As we discussed in the other threads, I am getting a GT Premium Fastback + Performance Pack.

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
Got some pics?

Here's one from my phone, picking it up from delivery polish/wax/detail.

Soon I'll have an onslaught on videos for you guys to enjoy, just wait.

Track Pack includes:
Brembo brakes
carbon fiber Torsen differential with 3:73 gears
Boss 302 differential housing with rear cooler cover
Boss 302 oil cooler
Boss 302 radiator
GT 500 trailing arms, bushings
Sway bars, tuned springs, struts and shocks etc.
19"x9" wheels
5w-50 oil
Spare tire delete

Attachments

• IMG_2282(1).jpg
    IMG_2282(1).jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:

andylaiphoto

Go Kart Champion
Here's one from my phone, picking it up from delivery polish/wax/detail.

Soon I'll have an onslaught on videos for you guys to enjoy, just wait.

Track Pack includes:
Brembo brakes
carbon fiber Torsen differential with 3:73 gears
Boss 302 differential housing with rear cooler cover
Boss 302 oil cooler
Boss 302 radiator
GT 500 trailing arms, bushings
Sway bars, tuned springs, struts and shocks etc.
19"x9" wheels
5w-50 oil
Spare tire delete

Nice!

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
I'll tell you guys my car (Base/Track/Recaro) was $38k when it's all said and done. Could have had a more luxurious car for the money but the Mustang is not lacking in the comfort department and the performance is off the hook. It has a few areas that should be addressed for the driver who wants to really push the car to it's limits often, for instance I've swapped the brake/clutch pedal assembly over from the GT500 for a firmer clutch pedal with better hydraulic operation, a short shifter and 2 post shifter bracket goes in this week to fix with shifter slop at high RPM, along with a stainless clutch line and the Ford Racing/GT500 axle back mufflers. I already have a mild tune, should be in the neighborhood of 375rwhp. Driving it you're reminded it's a small, high revving V8. The torque is always there with the 3.73's but it really sings up top. The 1st to 4th skip shift solenoid isn't present in the '14 models but I still make that shift all day long. It loves to scoot around at/below 2k rpm. Go drive one if you haven't, the 5.0 is a gem.

Renner

Go Kart Champion
I'll tell you guys my car (Base/Track/Recaro) was $38k when it's all said and done. Could have had a more luxurious car for the money but the Mustang is not lacking in the comfort department and the performance is off the hook. It has a few areas that should be addressed for the driver who wants to really push the car to it's limits often, for instance I've swapped the brake/clutch pedal assembly over from the GT500 for a firmer clutch pedal with better hydraulic operation, a short shifter and 2 post shifter bracket goes in this week to fix with shifter slop at high RPM, along with a stainless clutch line and the Ford Racing/GT500 axle back mufflers. I already have a mild tune, should be in the neighborhood of 375rwhp. Driving it you're reminded it's a small, high revving V8. The torque is always there with the 3.73's but it really sings up top. The 1st to 4th skip shift solenoid isn't present in the '14 models but I still make that shift all day long. It loves to scoot around at/below 2k rpm. Go drive one if you haven't, the 5.0 is a gem.

You sold me on a test drive at least....gonna swing by ford either today or maybe tomorrow while my gti is in the shop. I will have to wait for the Fastback but at least I can get behind the wheel of a mustang and see what they have to offer since I have not even sat in one in over 5+ years

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
You sold me on a test drive at least....gonna swing by ford either today or maybe tomorrow while my gti is in the shop. I will have to wait for the Fastback but at least I can get behind the wheel of a mustang and see what they have to offer since I have not even sat in one in over 5+ years

Find one with Recaro's and let the seat hug you, lol. Don't be afraid of the seemingly clunky MT, it's buttery once you learn it's character. One reason I tuned the car so early is it has some torque limiting in lower gears until the high RPM's, likely to keep folks from spinning the wheels. Stock, it REALLY pulls between 6-7k in 1st and 2nd gear. With the tune it adds something like 60lb/ft at 1500rpm with gains tapering off from there and that torque limiting is pulled back considerably. The power band becomes more linear and you're back in your seat much sooner. The damn thing nearly has VTEC stock. The tuner I'm using is allegedly untraceable but there are also warrantied options from FRPP.

Jcap287

Go Kart Champion
Find one with Recaro's and let the seat hug you, lol. Don't be afraid of the seemingly clunky MT, it's buttery once you learn it's character. One reason I tuned the car so early is it has some torque limiting in lower gears until the high RPM's, likely to keep folks from spinning the wheels. Stock, it REALLY pulls between 6-7k in 1st and 2nd gear. With the tune it adds something like 60lb/ft at 1500rpm with gains tapering off from there and that torque limiting is pulled back considerably. The power band becomes more linear and you're back in your seat much sooner. The damn thing nearly has VTEC stock. The tuner I'm using is allegedly untraceable but there are also warrantied options from FRPP.

Ahh ... that sounds awesome.... get some headers on that beast itll really open up..

Heck depending where I am financially.. I may just get a 14 GT instead of what would be considered a 16 GT then use the money I save on the car for mods.

I need an auto beater car though to go to and from work. I sitting in traffic is a pain with a stick...

Are you going to get some mild springs to get rid of that wheel gap?

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
Ahh ... that sounds awesome.... get some headers on that beast itll really open up..

Heck depending where I am financially.. I may just get a 14 GT instead of what would be considered a 16 GT then use the money I save on the car for mods.

I need an auto beater car though to go to and from work. I sitting in traffic is a pain with a stick...

Are you going to get some mild springs to get rid of that wheel gap?

Headers must sound insane, that'll happen later, for the most part I'm going to leave the car stock except for what I've listed and an aluminum drive shaft. For now the wheel gap aka suspension travel is fine with me :D

Modding a '14 vs a '16 wouldn't be a bad idea. This is the last of the solid axle, rally car-esque, "Hachi-Roku", hooligan Mustangs. The new one with the IRS will have more mechanical grip and be more sure footed, and I'm sure it will start performing more like the planted, grippy, less dramatic Camaro.

There are a few 600hp supercharger kits with 36k mi powertrain warranty coverage too... ;)

Jcap287

Go Kart Champion
Headers must sound insane, that'll happen later, for the most part I'm going to leave the car stock except for what I've listed and an aluminum drive shaft. For now the wheel gap aka suspension travel is fine with me :D

Modding a '14 vs a '16 wouldn't be a bad idea. This is the last of the solid axle, rally car-esque, "Hachi-Roku", hooligan Mustangs. The new one with the IRS will have more mechanical grip and be more sure footed, and I'm sure it will start performing more like the planted, grippy, less dramatic Camaro.

There are a few 600hp supercharger kits with 36k mi powertrain warranty coverage too... ;)

Yea I feel you on the leaving the car stock for awhile .... I'm going to have to drive both before I make a a decision but enjoy your car thats all that matters!

Enjoy the videos too!

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
For anyone interested and to join the discussion, here's my dads gt500 with longtubes and an aftermarket "catback" (no cats). I would've been able to tell you what was on it, but he's seriously changed the exhaust, besides the headers, like 7 times this year. It has a 2.9 whipple supercharger and made 780whp on a mustang dyno last year on 93 octane and 18psi. Built motor (rods/pistons/etc), huge heat exchanger, bigger injectors, boost-a-pump, carbon fiber drive shaft with 2 safety loops, beefed up axles with a different lsd.. The list is massive. Pretty much every part has been changed. Daily driven during the spring/summer months. It's ridiculously fast. Hes in the process of acquiring some slicks for it to see if we can't put down some 9 second passes.

Last edited: