GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

cobalt ss

mkstan15

Ready to race!
I had a dream I raced a cobalt ss. I was cruising down the highway and saw him in front of me so i did a semi ricer fly by to get his attention. I slowed just after passing him and we slowed to 40. Honked it off and we were off. I pulled for about 1 gear,probably due to the dsg, by about a door and then he started creeping. He pulled about 2.5 cars by the time we got to 115 and I shut it down. Both gave each other a thumbs up and went our separate ways. Time for k04. Mods are apr stage 2 and Bsh race intake. Pretty sure he had to be turbo. Mods on the ss are unknown

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
:lol:

Stock SS/TC is about 240whp.

Bolted/Tuned SS/TC is about 315whp.

fullback

Passed Driver's Ed
I beat an SS around an autocross track in my Golf 2.5. The amount of power that it produces gives the front wheels more than they can handle. This creates catastrophic understeer. No doubt it's fast in a straight line though.

mkstan15

Ready to race!
i think he had to have been stock or had minimal mods based on the fact the he only had 2.5 cars on me. I'm not like half the other guys on this forum, I know what a stage 2 GTI is and isn't capable of. I dont have a factory freak that runs 13.0 w/stage 2 or beats porsche 911 turbos. I fully expected to loose. e85 and its a wrap, tune and he walks it out way worse. I don't even think you can get e85 anywhere around here in philly luckily for me. I haven't seen it at any stations I've ever been to. This was really my first worth while "vs" as my others have been against janky civics with no mods other than being slammed and fart cans.

eclipseguy

Ready to race!
i think he had to have been stock or had minimal mods based on the fact the he only had 2.5 cars on me. I'm not like half the other guys on this forum, I know what a stage 2 GTI is and isn't capable of. I dont have a factory freak that runs 13.0 w/stage 2 or beats porsche 911 turbos. I fully expected to loose. e85 and its a wrap, tune and he walks it out way worse. I don't even think you can get e85 anywhere around here in philly luckily for me. I haven't seen it at any stations I've ever been to. This was really my first worth while "vs" as my others have been against janky civics with no mods other than being slammed and fart cans.

thats sucks only fart cans around oh well, thats just means you need to move
:D

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
btw the turbo cobalt ss can run e85 which gives us over 400w+tq just food for thought

That's great and all...

Except the LNF Balts can't get the stock power to the ground without blowing the tires off.

supraco8

I beat an SS around an autocross track in my Golf 2.5. The amount of power that it produces gives the front wheels more than they can handle. This creates catastrophic understeer. No doubt it's fast in a straight line though.

hahaha ur funny