GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SoCal OT Thread

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
anyone have a dremel tool I can use one of these upcoming weekends? need to cut some trim in the car.

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
any advice for someone who wants to move from pittsburgh to LA ....I lived in Austin, TX last year then moved home and feel like it was a mistake haha

Haha well whatever you do live close to work. What industry do you work in and where do you plan on moving to

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
any advice for someone who wants to move from pittsburgh to LA ....I lived in Austin, TX last year then moved home and feel like it was a mistake haha

Depends also the life style you live to... LA is cool if you like the city life. Trendy bars, clubs great night life can be found in LA. But if you aint about that life then screw LA. Traffic stinks, Freeways suck and depending in what part you live at its pricey.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
I have one.

cheers, PRND! appreciate the offer. Blaznjoe offered to help too. I will only need to use to cut for ~20mins on a weekend. Ill end up just going to whomever is free at the time I need to do this. :thumbsup:

I've lived in N. VA, Pittsbugh (cheers), New England area, and LA. Like all things, it boils down to personal preference and what you make of the situation.

I miss the downhill mountain biking in PA, the people, food, and a lot of other things.. but LA has a lot to offer too. I agree traffic sucks.. but having lived in the DC area.. I actually prefer LA traffic. Id recommend visiting the area to feel it out, and I agree with the other comments, living close to work is huge. :p

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
I have no real attachments ...I am trying to figure out why i moved back last year ...i feel like everyone here is miserable.. i plan on flying out in spring ..i wanted to go to wekfest in may..flying back and forth for holidays from austin last year sucked ...i had to sit on tarmac one time for 2 hours because the flaps froze over on the plan ( i love flying out at like between 6am and 8am ..i usually pick the 6am and 7am flight)...i have pto days ...i hate the weather here haha

I lived in Illinois (cornfields) my whole life, joined the Navy, got out and went back to Illinois. Everyone was right where I left them 6 years before and miserable. Three years ago I saved up a tiny bit of $$ and in the dead of winter without telling anyone I packed up everything I owned into my 04' Tundra and said fuck this and just straight up left Illinois and came to LA. Best decision I ever made, I definitely don't regret it. It's not for everyone, I got lucky as well.

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
I find that a lot of people who lived in LA all their lives are getting sick of it and want to move out. I've entertained the idea on occasions, but can't get myself to do it.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

steemax

Go Kart Champion
I find that a lot of people who lived in LA all their lives are getting sick of it and want to move out. I've entertained the idea on occasions, but can't get myself to do it.

I'm with you on that.

Jcap287

Go Kart Champion
I lived in Illinois (cornfields) my whole life, joined the Navy, got out and went back to Illinois. Everyone was right where I left them 6 years before and miserable. Three years ago I saved up a tiny bit of $$ and in the dead of winter without telling anyone I packed up everything I owned into my 04' Tundra and said fuck this and just straight up left Illinois and came to LA. Best decision I ever made, I definitely don't regret it. It's not for everyone, I got lucky as well.

thats how felt when i moved back from Austin (even though i was home for the holidays etc) nothing had changed haha

like i said I think moving back was a mistake, but i have always had a fanscination with LA (been out few times awhile ago (years))...i love the car scene out there etc

MK6 Shizz

Ready to race!
thats how felt when i moved back from Austin (even though i was home for the holidays etc) nothing had changed haha

like i said I think moving back was a mistake, but i have always had a fanscination with LA (been out few times awhile ago (years))...i love the car scene out there etc

You sound like you would fit right in. Come visit us!

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie

x3 I've pretty much lived here all my life aside a brief one year period on Oahu :D It's way overcrowded here, however, you can't beat the weather and diverse people here [emoji41] I'd like to have two homes, one here in SoCal and another in a nice small town with open roads so I can toggle back n forth as needed [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
Exactly. I would like to keep my house in LA even if I move out. Real estate here is insane and if you have property here, best to hold on to it if you can.