GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR is pleased to present APR Mobile!

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Arin,

Will this system only access the ECU control module? I would love to get rid of VAGCom and utilize only my Ipad and get rid of the need to carry my laptop around with me in my car.

Will be purchasing soon.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
The price for the Dongle and free software is basically the same model as VCDS cable. Which is fair IMO. Just need Android support...it'll be interesting to bake VCDS functionality in, but I'd imagine that won't be easy since Rosstech is doing that stuff...

I wonder if you can use the same dongle with other BT enabled app?

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
I sense alot of Vagcom cables will be for sale soon.

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
Arin,

Will this system only access the ECU control module? I would love to get rid of VAGCom and utilize only my Ipad and get rid of the need to carry my laptop around with me in my car.

Will be purchasing soon.

This... I would be all over it if I could also use this as a VAGCOM replacement.

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion

I don't know if you could do the coding (led lights, seatbelt chime disable, etc) with this APR unit.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie

Considering Vagcom stuff is RossTech's software that they wrote to allow you to access the coding of the car, unless APR work out their own version of all the coding functionality, or pay RossTech to license theirs, we probably won't get that.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Arin,

Will be purchasing soon.

Currently it's ECU only but our ultimate plan is to take over the universe. ; )

CFG9000

Ready to race!
iOS first. Android is in development.

5+ Android phones out there for every 1 iPhone, and this crap is still the standard? :iono:

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
5+ Android phones out there for every 1 iPhone, and this crap is still the standard? :iono:

Our surveys and studies found iOS devices are more popular among VAG users and more importantly our customers. Android is not standardized like the Apple devices. You have countless operating systems supported only by some devices and not others. Countless hardware configurations, some limited, others not. Countless screen resolutions too. It's a major undertaking to do it right and a technical nightmare, but we're doing it anyways. It's in development, so don't worry.