GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Those with 2012+ GTI's and Leds w/HID HELP!

Double's Dub

Ready to race!
I have been researching this very thing, as my 2012 GTI has the same part number you have. I have pins 48 and 49, and all of the bytes/bits are present, same as the highline module.

However, the guys at my shop were unable to correctly code everything so far.
I have a Check Rear Fog light (no I don't have a rear fog) and related TPMS error msg.

Only my lowbeams work.
No LED DRLs, No high beam (although it is wired up)

PLEASE ASSIST!!!
The fact of the matter is that the actual module does not provide the male ended pin out to the wiring, i know this because i did everything myself and saw if for myself, hence no high beam (but im working on a solution) i also coded my bit 18 to 20, and once i did that, it worked perfectly, and the leds lit up and operated as they are supposed to. If you yourself dont have VCDS "vagcom", i would recommend getting it, otherwise, tell the guys at the shop to recode byte 18 to 20. I found out from my bud who works at my local VW dealer, that there are two versions of the same cecm for 2012+ models, one which has 48 and 49 pins, and the other which does not; he showed them to me side by side. Since your car is the same year and package is mine, i could screen shot my coding to see if that helps you any :iono:

Double's Dub

Ready to race!
Oh , and being that you said you have a rear fog out error, it is obvious that they coded it wrong. I would guess that they coded it to "rest of World" rather than "NAR" or north american region. I tried that to, and it gave me the same result. Since our years actually came with the LED's, the options are more predetermined and will only with a few of the options available under byte 18, but 20-NAR is what i am running at the moment, and as i said it works perfectly with no errors :w00t:

ShdBluMkVI

Ready to race!
Oh , and being that you said you have a rear fog out error, it is obvious that they coded it wrong. I would guess that they coded it to "rest of World" rather than "NAR" or north american region. I tried that to, and it gave me the same result. Since our years actually came with the LED's, the options are more predetermined and will only with a few of the options available under byte 18, but 20-NAR is what i am running at the moment, and as i said it works perfectly with no errors :w00t:

Yes, you're correct. I know for a fact that he coded RoW to even get the lowbeams on....

Just to be clear though, my module has pins 48 and 49, and they're currently attached to the Kufatec adapter harness/shutter wire, running through the fire wall.

I really need to find a good used VCDS cable and do this myself. Next I'm getting the Golf R tails, so I'll need it then.

ShdBluMkVI

Ready to race!
Since your car is the same year and package is mine, i could screen shot my coding to see if that helps you any :iono:

PLEASE DO!

So that I'm reading this thread right, your part number is the same as mine? Only you don't have pins 48 and 49?

Mine is: 1 K0 937 086 P

photo-1.JPG

photo.JPG

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
Interestingly, when I used VCDS initially, my CECM came up as an 086 (midline) model.

After coding changes, it showed up as 087. Upon looking under the steering column, the module confirmed that on the sticker.

Seems weird, I know. It certainly was for me. Bottom line: check the physical CECM, not just VCDS.

Sent from my time machine using plutonium

ShdBluMkVI

Ready to race!
Interestingly, when I used VCDS initially, my CECM came up as an 086 (midline) model.

After coding changes, it showed up as 087. Upon looking under the steering column, the module confirmed that on the sticker.

Seems weird, I know. It certainly was for me. Bottom line: check the physical CECM, not just VCDS.

That is interesting, although it may not apply to our 2012+ MkVI GTIs...

You know, I have to say, even as much a PITA this mod is, IT IS WORTH EVERY dollar and effort...once you've installed OEM projectors, (esp. with Osram CBIs) and you hit the switch at night.... AHHHHHhhhh :drool:

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
Btw, I have a 2010 TDI for those wondering...

snowboardgti

Ready to race!
That is interesting, although it may not apply to our 2012+ MkVI GTIs...

You know, I have to say, even as much a PITA this mod is, IT IS WORTH EVERY dollar and effort...once you've installed OEM projectors, (esp. with Osram CBIs) and you hit the switch at night.... AHHHHHhhhh :drool:

you cant forget the AFS ;)

Double's Dub

Ready to race!
UPDATE!

After a while with the 086p cecm and no high beams, i forked out the clams for the highline, however, i came to find out from the dealer that the part number changed slightly, so here is the most recent edition of the highline cecm (1K0937087T Z0C), you'll notice the "T" designation as well as the Z0C. Believe me, it was a PITA finding the part number. I picked it up from Keffer VW for 416 shipped :thumbsup:

ShdBluMkVI

Ready to race!
After a while with the 086p cecm and no high beams, i forked out the clams for the highline, however, i came to find out from the dealer that the part number changed slightly, so here is the most recent edition of the highline cecm (1K0937087T Z0C), you'll notice the "T" designation as well as the Z0C. Believe me, it was a PITA finding the part number. I picked it up from Keffer VW for 416 shipped :thumbsup:

:w00t:

Yai

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you for this old thread! I pulled out xenons with the LED DRLs from a 2012 GTI and the CECM was the same part# as my 2012 TDI (1K0 937 086 P).

I’m going to try and use my existing CECM, and try and find someone with VCDS to do the coding. I can get the high beams sorted out later, with a highline cecm. I’m curious why the GTI didn’t have the highline cecm, as it had the LED DRLs? Maybe it’s the software and not so much the part number it says it is?

Cheers,

Ron