GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR 2.0 TSI K04 v3.1 Software Now Available!

H132

Ready to race!
Injectors are my next conquest. Taking the car to the stealership in the next week or two to have them cleaned.

I installed the hpfp myself. A monkey could do that install.

Also going to recheck the plug gap this weekend. Funny thing was I went back out to the country the next day to do some logging and the caf ran as strong as ever. Figures lol.

Good luck...tracking down these kinds of issues can be a pain. Maybe also checking condition of each spark plug for signs of running rich, soot on the base ring, etc. Scan for codes. Hopefully it'll fix itself or be something easy to fix. I might have issue in cylinder 2...spark plug has much soot on base ring...all others are light and look a lot better.

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
Good luck...tracking down these kinds of issues can be a pain. Maybe also checking condition of each spark plug for signs of running rich, soot on the base ring, etc. Scan for codes. Hopefully it'll fix itself or be something easy to fix. I might have issue in cylinder 2...spark plug has much soot on base ring...all others are light and look a lot better.

Yeah, I'm hoping I just have to regap the plugs. I have the NGK's that APR recommended gapped to .026. I'll try them at .024 and see if that keeps things more consistent. Plus I'm sure the injector cleaning will make at least a small difference no matter what.

APR Mobile shows no fault codes. I'm assuming that's just as good as scanning with vag-com.

H132

Ready to race!
Yeah, I'm hoping I just have to regap the plugs. I have the NGK's that APR recommended gapped to .026. I'll try them at .024 and see if that keeps things more consistent. Plus I'm sure the injector cleaning will make at least a small difference no matter what.

APR Mobile shows no fault codes. I'm assuming that's just as good as scanning with vag-com.

I need to run injector cleaner through my car a well. Which one are you using?

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
I need to run injector cleaner through my car a well. Which one are you using?

I've used the Seafoam Motor Treatment 2 times in the last 20,000 miles. But this time I'm taking it to the dealer to get a real good cleaning. Their machine does a much better job than we can do at home unless you remove them. It's $250. VW recommends it every 30k miles.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Should be the same as Seafoam. I think VW's machine actually pushes the cleaner through the injectors. I'm guessing they hook up to the fuel rail somehow.

Seafoam is not the same although the desired result is the same. Seafoam is supposed to be run through the intake manifold while the car is running. CCC is supposed to be poured down the cylinders after removing the spark plugs, allowing to sit for hours/overnight then run hard.

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
Seafoam is not the same although the desired result is the same. Seafoam is supposed to be run through the intake manifold while the car is running. CCC is supposed to be poured down the cylinders after removing the spark plugs, allowing to sit for hours/overnight then run hard.

Gotcha. The video I found was a guy spraying a can of it into the air intake with the filter off and car running. Then he let it sit for a few hours. With the sea foam I let it sit for about 20 minutes. Maybe I'll give the Chrysler cleaner a shot.

H132

Ready to race!

So you're saying if you run CCC, you don't have to do a separate injector cleaner into the gas tank? I was thinking of running couple bottles of Techron Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner, or would you do both?

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
So you're saying if you run CCC, you don't have to do a separate injector cleaner into the gas tank? I was thinking of running couple bottles of Techron Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner, or would you do both?

I wouldn't. Maaaaaybe an added benefit would be keeping the fuel lines a little cleaner as well. But that stuff won't touch what Seafoam or the Chrysler cleaner will do.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion

I would do both, one is supposed to clean the fuel pump, lines and injectors when fuel flows through it diluted with Techron, the active agent. The CCC is a topside cleaner that supposed to break down piston carbon build up or uneven spots which have been said can lead to CF. All that's left is a good old fashion carbon cleaning for the valves.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
What about that 3M stuff you put in the tank?

We don't have many options here in Qatar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what benefit any of these products have, I typically install a new fuel filter every 10K miles then throw in the Techron bottle for pumps and injectors. The Mopar CCC I use every 10K miles as well. Carbon cleaning is primarily handled by direct port meth although I'll do a real service around 50K on this engine.

Michael58121

Go Kart Champion

for a first time k04 owner the NGKs needed are .026 or .024? im trying to do this right the first time..