GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

11 GTI vs Corvette

P

plac

thats like the late 90's? Integra i was beside on the bridge. some gangster ghetto-fab dude. paced me, then punched it. i just sat there going the speed limit. i bet he went to his forums and talked about how he dominated a GTI today.. besides, it was wet today and sometimes, just sometimes... i dont drive like an asshole.

v8282w

Ready to race!
I think it depends on the year of the vette. My brother had a 74 and a 91. I would walk both of them pretty hard with my mk4. All of a sudden my car wasn't a shitbox in his eyes anymore and he always asked to drive it.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Vettes are fun to play with. I can't keep up worth a damn, but that's the fun part. When they actually hit the throttle they're GONE, like you're standing still. Awesome.

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
^comparing 1/4 mile times between a fwd car and a car that isn't is pretty much irrelevant to whether or not it is faster...even then stock sti's trap at slower speeds than a stage 2 gti

I am not arguing that a gti is a better performing car, because it isn't...but going off of a typical "vs" type situation...it is from a roll and in a straight line

this whole thread is stupid...so i don't mind going off topic haha

McQueen77

Banned
thats like the late 90's? Integra i was beside on the bridge. some gangster ghetto-fab dude. paced me, then punched it. i just sat there going the speed limit. i bet he went to his forums and talked about how he dominated a GTI today.. besides, it was wet today and sometimes, just sometimes... i dont drive like an asshole.

Exactly. This kind of thing has happened to me a lot since getting the GTI. Kids in modded out Civics or Integras trying to race, or roided out Armenian bros in Mercedes wanting to race and most of the time, I just look ahead and keep driving. If you think you have really somehow accomplished something by going faster than another car on the street than you're kind of a dipshit. You wanna have a little fun, race or whatever, fine, but going on a car forum and bragging about your 'kill' is like, a total bummer to 99% of guys who actually get laid and have a life.

Sorry 'VS' enthusiasts, but it's the truth. Wow cool, you hit the gas, steered well enough to not go off the road and possibly shifted gears without grinding (if you can even operate a manual, but probably just tapping paddles) or the other guy mashed the gas in his car that is way faster than yours or whatever and you're car went faster than someone elses... Are you freaking 17 and just beyond stoked that you have a driver's license? You're not James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause, you're not Steve McQueen, (you probably have no clue about those references) it's not the 50s and you'll never be as cool as those guys. You're just 'racing' some other genius on public streets and highways and being an asshole. End of story. And I'm not trolling. Show me some footage of you at a track day like someone posted the other day and I'm impressed. Show that you actually have some skill behind the wheel and I'm impressed. Mod your car to stage 11 and brag how you beat some Camaro or whatever on the way home from 4th period because you are still in highschool.... Sorry brah. Total bummer.

this whole thread is stupid...so i don't mind going off topic haha

Yes.

Last edited:

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
I am posting this in off topic as I don't want to get anyone TOO fired up. Mods, feel free to move to the VS section if you would like. :)

Bender's Rules for VS Forum Topics.

1) .Unless you did it on a track, you are putting people's lives at risk with your "kills." That makes you an asshole.
2) No you didn't. He either wasn't racing or he let you win. Trust me, we know you didn't.
3) I don't care about numbers. I can quote numbers too. 3.14. See? They don't make your "kill" "totally epic."
4) See rule 1. Remember you are an asshole.
5) I don't think you can drive for shit. The more you post in here to make yourself seem like a big man, the more I know you can't drive.
6) See rule 1. Remember you are an asshole.
7) You realize you didn't buy a drag racer? You bought (or your daddy bought you) a car intended for excellence on the backroads and in the twisties. If you didn't want that, trade it in and get something else.
8) See Rule 6, 4, or 1
:rolleyes: