GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1998 F355 Spider beaten by MK 5 Golf GTI (Stage ???)

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
Haha, sleeper GTIs FTW!

mattley crue1

Ready to race!
i like how the term "tricked out" gets thrown around.
also how us punk kids build our cars to compete with their ferarris.
and that part of the ownership of a ferarri is the "cache" that comes along with it. i've noticed that a lot (not all) of people who own ferarris and lambos arent actually car people, most dont work on their cars or know much of anything about them... sounds like there are some snob fanboys (and a fangirl) on that site.

JhnR

Banned
imagine a KO4 GTI and that Ferrari...owner would cry

08CW R32

Ready to race!
The bar was raised with the F430 and even more with the F458 Italia.. Until then the F355 and F360 looked like works of art but did not have the performance of a supercar.

I am sure a modded GTI easily can out perform a F355, but a F355 still smokes the GTI in the look department even after 14yrs.

F430 is a blast to drive, have not driven F458 yet.

Attachments

• IMAG0201.jpg
    IMAG0201.jpg
    368.4 KB · Views: 171

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Off the line torque is the name of the game, which is where the K04 (and even a K03 with a tune) will bitch-slap the Ferrari. And if the GTI has a DSG the Ferrari driver's shifts would have to be perfect to even have a chance.

Dybz

Banned
Off the line torque is the name of the game, which is where the K04 (and even a K03 with a tune) will bitch-slap the Ferrari. And if the GTI has a DSG the Ferrari driver's shifts would have to be perfect to even have a chance.

RWD vs FWD... torque is pointless if you can't use it. 355 0-60 = 4.6 seconds. even a k04 GTI will have trouble getting into low 5's without some serious tires. yes, it's the street and ferrari driver might have sucked, just saying.

Randum

Go Kart Champion
In high school, I loved the 360, still do- I'd love to pick one up eventually- But this is a pretty ridiculous post, and I also wonder how many people just "post in the forums" at FC that don't actually own...

Plus you bought a Ferrari, thats old - and you are concerned about its off the line speed?

I love cars, but some enthusiasts, I just don't get....

XGC75

Go Kart Champion

This is true. How long can a car put down its max power figure? A split second, when it passes the specified rpm. A max HP number wouldnt say anything thing about before and after that RPM, whether there's a steep run-up or shallow.

With K04 torque curves I can imagine how a 350 hp car could beat a 375hp car with Honda torque curves. Moment for moment, the k04 is putting down more power than the Honda. It's only the narrow band of rpm where the Honda makes max power that it has the advantage. No disrespect to Honda owners, it's only an example. That said I haven't seen f335 curves.

Sent via TapaTalk, butchered by autocorrect

Dybz

Banned
This is true. How long can a car put down its max power figure? A split second, when it passes the specified rpm. A max HP number wouldnt say anything thing about before and after that RPM, whether there's a steep run-up or shallow.

With K04 torque curves I can imagine how a 350 hp car could beat a 375hp car with Honda torque curves. Moment for moment, the k04 is putting down more power than the Honda. It's only the narrow band of rpm where the Honda makes max power that it has the advantage. No disrespect to Honda owners, it's only an example. That said I haven't seen f335 curves.

Sent via TapaTalk, butchered by autocorrect

RWD vs FWD... torque is pointless if you can't use it. 355 0-60 = 4.6 seconds. even a k04 GTI will have trouble getting into low 5's without some serious tires. yes, it's the street and ferrari driver might have sucked, just saying.

k.

confuc1ous

Go Kart Champion
The one guy with his quote about buying a new Ferrari and getting smoked by a Dodge diplomat was hilarious.

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
+1 on the DSG advantage. The time lost between shifts in the Ferrari adds up. No such gap when using DSG or even a single clutch system like BMW's prior SMG.

^^^^ LAWL