GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE MK5 & MK6 2.0T TSI HIGH FLOW COLD AIR INTAKE KIT

SirClimax

Ready to race!
Is these a carb legal intake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, only P-flow to my knowledge is CARB legal as long as you display their CARB sticker. However, I have heard that Cobb is making an intake that they hope will be CARB legal.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
one install tip that I came up with was remove coil pack #3 and unscrew the one bolt that connects the Pcv hose to the Pcv system that slides into the Pcv, with that out I was able to remove the stock intake pipe with the Pcv hose still attached to the intake pipe. From there it's easier to remove when completely out of the car. It's only two sides that holds the Pcv pipe to the intake. I used two picks and pulled it right off.

And I also installed the coupler to the turbo first and then the intake pipe into that, that let's you see if your doing it right or not.

For me the bolt that holds the stock intake to the heat shield was a torx 30.

And yes I did it with the hose clamp pliers below. If not I would of probably been swearing and breaking shit trying to remove the stock rubber coupler from the turbo.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I also got the AEM pre-filter but was thinking on returning it because I don't know if it impacts performance and if the filter really gets soaked during a rain storm. what you guys think?

Minimal performance loss/if any

I have had the prefilter on mine, and I took it off one day for shits and giggles.
There's been a lot of weird pollen things from the trees falling off....open the hood after a quick drive and a bunch of those were in the pleats/crevices already and I plucked them out.

So it'll keep the filter cleaner for longer too, mind you.

But it's your call

EastKingZ

Ready to race!
Just wanted to throw an update out, installed this about a month ago and have loved it so far. Sounds amazing. Fitment was great, the only trouble I had was getting the connector onto the turbo, my hands are big so it was a tight fit and 90 degrees out = frustration. The rest was a breeze, no issues at all.

I really have to clean my engine bay though :X

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Minimal performance loss/if any

I have had the prefilter on mine, and I took it off one day for shits and giggles.

There's been a lot of weird pollen things from the trees falling off....open the hood after a quick drive and a bunch of those were in the pleats/crevices already and I plucked them out.

So it'll keep the filter cleaner for longer too, mind you.

But it's your call

Did your butt dyno notice any difference with it on and off? Any difference in noise, power, accel, etc?

ImitationMan

Passed Driver's Ed
Decided to check mine after seeing this... Thankfully, not broke...but the bolt is gone. :confused::(

Anybody know what size it is? :iono:

I noticed vibrations through the brake pedal and a clunk when starting up and found the intake resting on the brake reservoir and what do you know - my bolt is gone too.

Thank you kram for asking the question and tofuD01 for the answer. I'm putting Loctite on the new bolt when I install it. Hopefully that will keep it from falling out again.

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
Installed a thing today. Sorry for the cell phone low-light quality, and filthy engine bay. This was the last step of my F23T install!

I swapped out my Carbonio Stage 1 for this setup. Super happy with the fitment and quality. There's ZERO play in this, and the tolerances were exacting.

This intake is LOUD though... which I fully expected. If you want to hear your turbo and blowoff - this is absolutely the intake to get.

Will do some data logging tomorrow to get new MAF numbers under WOT for comparison. My butt dyno isn't so refined as to make a call on performance, and I think any improvements in responsiveness I might notice could well be due to replacing my aging, filthy filter with a shiny new clean one.

Will save judgement on performance for the numbers!

But needless to say - very happy with this intake. Great quality, great price, great sound, great fitment, and great looks.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I installed one earlier this week. My 2 recommendations for anyone planning to install it would be to buy better worm clamps. I broke the first one very easily. The other would be to cut/grind off the screw that's sticking out of the firewall before you begin to install it.

Nineeightgolf

Ready to race!
If anyone with an open style filter like this wants more noise, remove the underliner from the hood. Holy crap does that make it louder

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
I put my IE intake on about two weeks ago.

Install wasn't bad, pretty straight forward. The most difficult part was connecting the pipe to the turbo. I ditched one of the clamps they provided and used my own. Overall, it fits like a glove.

As for sound, it is very loud for an intake (I also removed my cowling and hood heat shield). I may put the heat shield back in to help absorb some noise. It sounds really nice, just a little loud.

At highway speeds, I hear a little whistle, but it hasn't bothered me yet.

Also rocking some sweet IE swag.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
I put my IE intake on about two weeks ago.

Install wasn't bad, pretty straight forward. The most difficult part was connecting the pipe to the turbo. I ditched one of the clamps they provided and used my own. Overall, it fits like a glove.

As for sound, it is very loud for an intake (I also removed my cowling and hood heat shield). I may put the heat shield back in to help absorb some noise. It sounds really nice, just a little loud.

At highway speeds, I hear a little whistle, but it hasn't bothered me yet.

There shouldn't be a noticeable whistle while cruising, you may have a boost leak somewhere.

Also, which clamp did you use?
My intake somehow came complete loose from the turbo and I've been having trouble getting the supplied clamp seated on the coupler.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
There shouldn't be a noticeable whistle while cruising, you may have a boost leak somewhere.

Also, which clamp did you use?
My intake somehow came complete loose from the turbo and I've been having trouble getting the supplied clamp seated on the coupler.

It was a generic worm clamp. Very similar to the one they supplied, but the one I used was a larger diameter (it was easier to work with).

I haven't checked to see if anything has wriggled loose, but I'll check. The whistle is VERY slight and only at high speeds. It still pulls as hard as it should with my current slew of mods.