GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Some things I don't like about my new to me 2011 GTI

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
I can understand that...but, by making you use the key fob, it lessens the chance that you will lock your keys in the car.
Nah, if the car has the lock button on the outside handle then the car won't lock if the car detected that the keys are still inside. Most Japanese car with push button start can do this.
But... OP... I dont see the problem still LOL. GTI is not a luxury car... Maxima is kind of a higher class car.... But then... Nissan sentra has it nowadays... It's just that GTI is not that high tech i guess lol

SJC

Ready to race!
Nah, if the car has the lock button on the outside handle then the car won't lock if the car detected that the keys are still inside. Most Japanese car with push button start can do this.
But... OP... I dont see the problem still LOL. GTI is not a luxury car... Maxima is kind of a higher class car.... But then... Nissan sentra has it nowadays... It's just that GTI is not that high tech i guess lol

Thanks to everyone for breaking my balls on this post.

I wanted a brand new DSG GTI but couldn't swing the cost.
Found this ultra clean low miler 2011 and I am very happy with it now that I'm Ultrasonic tuned.

I am indeed spoiled by the integration on rival brands that this vintage of VW lacks.
I'm used to hitting the door button to lock the doors when exiting.
Why is there a button there at all if it's useless.
Car auto locks when driving away and auto unlocks when ignition is turned
off.
It's just a weird quirk that I will have to get used to.

I'm having a JLAudio10" sub and 1,000 watt amp installed next week to take care of the stereo .

bart2278

Go Kart Champion

Found this ultra clean low miler 2011 and I am very happy with it now that I'm Ultrasonic tuned.

I am indeed spoiled by the integration on rival brands that this vintage of VW lacks.
off.

I'm having a JLAudio10" sub and 1,000 watt amp installed next week to take care of the stereo .

Anytime you need a ball bustin or some mild passive-aggressive comments come on back. We got em for days.

oldtype2

Ready to race!
Guys, I love my Japanese car so much so I decided to buy a German car and list the things I don't like about it.

Sent from oldtype2 using Tapatalk Pro

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
You are welcome.
I like those new ones too, they are pricy :[
Thats good i also bought my 2011 certifed used. and am also Unitronic tuned.

off.
Its there so you can lock the door when you enter the car if you arent pulling away or just sitting and waiting for someone but want to turn the car off etc.

Thats a big amp lol

blackgold

Ready to race!
Just wait til German over-engineering kicks in for you.. You'll be real happy with the change.. I of course prefer the build quality (and am prepared to deal with the nuances of owning a VW).

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Just wait til German over-engineering kicks in for you.. You'll be real happy with the change.. I of course prefer the build quality (and am prepared to deal with the nuances of owning a VW).

+1

ImitationMan

Passed Driver's Ed
I can agree that the clip system on the fuel cap on our GTI's absolutely sucks. I also have a 2013 Jetta and the design for holding the fuel cap on the hinge of the door is brilliant. The difference just blows my mind.

zrickety

The Fixer
Lol Ultrasonic tuned...the lock button works when you're inside the car. I don't have it automatically do anything if I can help it. But I do love the key fob. First world problems is right, you kids remember GM cars of the 80's and 90's? My GTI is a flagship car compared to them.

oldtype2

Ready to race!
I can agree that the clip system on the fuel cap on our GTI's absolutely sucks. I also have a 2013 Jetta and the design for holding the fuel cap on the hinge of the door is brilliant. The difference just blows my mind.

The "command hook" mod...

ImitationMan

Passed Driver's Ed
The "command hook" mod...

Brilliant! I've never seen this before and now I realize just how empty my life is without it.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I can understand that...but, by making you use the key fob, it lessens the chance that you will lock your keys in the car.

On my UK spec GTI (I'm in the U.K.) the lock button on the door will not function if the door is open!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk