GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Jemin_G

Go Kart Newbie
What kind of stereo is that? What did you pair it up with? AMP? Sub? Stock speakers? assuming you didn't have Dynaaudio?

It is an Xtrons head unit for some VW/Skoda/Seat cars. Here is a link to the unit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/9-Android-...PS-Radio-For-VW-EOS-PASSAT-GOLF-/112625257535

It is the first upgrade I have made to the audio/video department. I am looking to grab 1 or 2 amps, a sub or two(;) and some upgraded speakers/tweeters. Right now it’s just with the stock speakers. I don’t think I have the Dynaudio setup on the car as nothing was indicated in the Vin Decoder search when I was researching the car. So much I want to do to the car and so many choices for everything. I guess that’s the fun of it. I may swap some components from my Mazda for use in the GTI as the rear speakers (6.5 inch), 2 tweeters and 2 Pioneer amps were only in use since the past winter. The 10 inch subwoofer I have had for a few years, might end up using that too. But I will need to find an enclosure for use along the wall of the trunk to minimize trunk space usage.

Jemin_G

Go Kart Newbie
Some better pictures to show off the difference better.

This first pic I took a few weeks ago

and this one just now

Red wheels....Red tails. I like. Very nice.:w00t:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I agree. The cherry red looks much better... and badass with those wheels.

Red wheels....Red tails. I like. Very nice.:w00t:

Tyty...I want to do a photoshoot soon, since I've been doing a lot with the rear end lately. In the last month or 2 I've done the diffuser, had the valence painted black, and the new tail lights. I got a spoiler I'm waiting on now though. Ordered one from Osir and they didn't have any stock, and now for the last 3-4 weeks every time I call they tell me they'll be shipping it to me late this week or early next week. I call once a week and it's the same thing every call. Hoping for better luck this week...

Phur

Autocross Champion
Looking good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erick666

Passed Driver's Ed
New Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on my RSe05 rims. First time trying out the summer only tires. Always worried about the spring/fall transition periods in Michigan, but decided to go for it. Great grip. Didn't notice anything when going through standing water. Looking forward to some more spirited driving.

Mk6Racing

Passed Driver's Ed
Some better pictures to show off the difference better.

This first pic I took a few weeks ago

and this one just now

Looks so clean!! Absolutely loving the wheels. I’m liking my Lagunas but wish they were a bit more exciting that grey. Too chicken to get them painted, not sure they’d look right in a color like that.

MALINO11

Just installed some front EBC slotted and dimpled rotors with some EBC red stuff pads. Riding brakes slowly awaiting for the 800 mile mark to do some proper bedding. Can already tell a huge difference and I have only given the brakes about 30% due to break in process.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Looks so clean!! Absolutely loving the wheels. I’m liking my Lagunas but wish they were a bit more exciting that grey. Too chicken to get them painted, not sure they’d look right in a color like that.

lol, thanks. It took me a while to get there too...They were bronze for the longest time. I didn't want to attract too much attention, but I fell in love with the candy apple red color.

nagokart

Ready to race!
Got rid of the mildew smell from my auxiliary air with Klima-Cleaner. Tip: If you have monster mats, take them out before crawling under the dash. Your shoulder will thank you.

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Got p0299

Cleared the code and turned off the car and turned it back on and it went away

My car is stock save for a k&n air filter. I’ve only 50k miles and it is not abused and driven very liberally so I don’t think my turbo is dead or failing especially since I do not notice any loss of power

I drove to work just fine 25 miles commute and the light came on when I went out to lunch. Keep in mind my car was showing the temperate outside was over 100 degrees Fahrenheit that day

Any advice is truly appreciated

Edit: here is an album with freeze frame information on the code

https://imgur.com/a/oaQluTm

Code came back again today after I cleared the first one

How to proceed, just clean maf and hope for the best?

Yakuzi

Ready to race!

Finally installed the seibon carbon fiber hood i had lying around in my garage, gave the car a good wash and wax as well.