GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Seattle Tire reco: Down to four (or am I?)

GBM206

I'm looking for great year-round tires in Seattle. The Michelin PSS look great but they're summer tires. I'm looking at these four (prices are +/- $25 per tire, not an issue):

Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus
Michelin Premier A/S
Continental PureContact with EcoPlus Technology
Continental ExtremeContact DWS

Based on Tire Rack's surveys, the numbers for the Pirellis are the best. I searched the forum and found these comments:

Pirelli P7: "they have no grip in the dry under late hard braking, the car just slides"

Conti DWS: "Good grip but dangerously floaty. Definitely have to take it easy is sharp turns."

Thoughts?

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
I wouldn't call them floaty at all, and the new DWS look good.

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
The AS3 is going to perform the closest to your PSS while giving you better wet traction. If you need snow capabilities the new DWS should be at the top of your list

PlaidDad

Ready to race!
Michelin A/S 3

This. I'm on day 2 with mine and my car is transformed. Grip is outstanding, behavior predictable, comfort equal to OE, noise much better

The suspension now has what it needs to shine. Wish I'd done this 20,000 miles sooner.

GBM206

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I went with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 and I'm happy. I'm looking forward to seeing how they handle in Seattle rain but dry traction in 60-80° has been great. Handling is much better and there's no slop at all (the OE Contis had 39k miles). The car feels much more planted, especially at highway speeds.