GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The FK Coilover Thread.

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
there's so many variations of Fk's on the market ranging from $500-$1200...
i'm definitely going with FK Coilovers within the next 2 months and i'm having trouble deciding which ones to get. i just wanted to hear what you guys have to say about them. so if you've got pics, issues, or praise for the FK's spill em here and let us know!

talk about:
FK Streetlines
FK Highsports
FK Konigsports
FK Silverlines
FK Silverline-X

i'm looking to go <23" FTG on 18's while maintaining a decently comfortable ride. Performance isn't that important to me.

i was just wondering if it made sense to get $900 Silverlines when i can get $550 Streetlines...

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
seeing how you are in jersey it is definitely worth it...plus you should remove the helper springs in the front they make those coils noisy as anything

the only other coil that will go as low as silverline-x's is probably ksports

forgot to say the salty air in jersey will seize up the coils more easily than in other areas

Last edited:

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
i'm looking to go <23" FTG on 18's while maintaining a decently comfortable ride.

you cant. those 2 things just simply dont go together.

gotta pick one. comfortable ride, or slammed

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
hey guys since alot of people say racelands are crap, I am thinking about getting myself FK Konigsport coilovers. I got a couple of questions for ya :thumbup:. What does dampening adjustment exactly mean? How do you adjust them? Last but no least it says on the website that the rear can be adjusted when dissembled, what in gods name does that mean? thanks in advance heres the link to the site http://www.esetuning.com/FK-Automotive-Konigsport-Coilover-Suspension-Kit-p/fkkkvw102.htm

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
hey guys since alot of people say racelands are crap, I am thinking about getting myself FK Konigsport coilovers. I got a couple of questions for ya :thumbup:. What does dampening adjustment exactly mean? How do you adjust them? Last but no least it says on the website that the rear can be adjusted when dissembled, what in gods name does that mean? thanks in advance heres the link to the site http://www.esetuning.com/FK-Automotive-Konigsport-Coilover-Suspension-Kit-p/fkkkvw102.htm

dampening is basically haw stiff you want the shocks to be...the fronts all you do is turn a knob the rear you have to take off the shock then adjust it

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Both of them go low enough you really don't need to worry about which go lower. If say Ultra lows went 1/4" shorter, that means you'd be about 1/4" subframe to ground. Fk's easily take you < 22" FTG.

Also, Id stil get streetlines. Just use that silicone grease people use. 1 can of that every year is way less than paying double for the same coils. I forget exactly what the product is called, maybe some one else can fill you in. It keeps things from rusting in winter.

Also, definetly just replace the mount/bearing, especially if your having some one else install the coils for you. You won't want to pay some one to uninstall them, replace bearing, then reinstall.

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
Also, Id stil get streetlines. Just use that silicone grease people use. 1 can of that every year is way less than paying double for the same coils. I forget exactly what the product is called, maybe some one else can fill you in. It keeps things from rusting in winter.

THANK YOU!!!

that exactly what i needed to hear. i posted this thread on MK5 forums on Vortex and couldn't get solid answer.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
They have the same range of adjustment as all FK's. They will sit anywhere in that range from .5" lower than stock, to around 4" lower than stock.

Volkswagging

Don't Hate, Inseminate
don't forget FK Sport Edition Plus. Probably the most unknown coils they have; they're basically Highsports but with 6-way adjustable dampening