GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

zrickety

The Fixer
IE's cold air intake. Car is breathing better and thankfully still running well after 5 1/2 years.
Regarding the bracket breaking...I bought one used and posted a thread, you need to put a flexible coupler on there similar to what APR has on theirs. Engine vibration is what kills those brackets. I found a dorman flexible coupler that is the exact fit. Wish I had the part number but I think it's 3" and there is a thread here somewhere.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Today i hard parked it

Pics or gtfo

Mk6Racing

Passed Driver's Ed

Decided to give this license plate holder a try. Tired of having it drilled to the bumper, and with thoughts about wrapping the car i wanted to fill and sand the front bumper flush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H132

Ready to race!
Regarding the bracket breaking...I bought one used and posted a thread, you need to put a flexible coupler on there similar to what APR has on theirs. Engine vibration is what kills those brackets. I found a dorman flexible coupler that is the exact fit. Wish I had the part number but I think it's 3" and there is a thread here somewhere.

And I thought I was safe with the updated thicker IE bracket mount. Okay I'll have to pick one of these up. So this flex coupler between the MAF/back pipe will prevent the back bracket mount from breaking?

smanierre

Autocross Champion

Decided to give this license plate holder a try. Tired of having it drilled to the bumper, and with thoughts about wrapping the car i wanted to fill and sand the front bumper flush.

+1 for a license plate bracket. Once I get all my engine and suspension parts done i'm having my front bumper holes filled, along with the side markers and headlight washers then getting it all repainted. Will look way cleaner.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
I bought my car in a state that didn't require front plates, so thankfully my bumper has no holes. But it's so beat up from eating rocks it still doesn't look great. I've been thinking about getting it smoothed over and resprayed now that I'm not driving it to work every day.

Anybody know if Candy White is difficult to match properly or should a good body shop be able to get it perfect?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I bought my car in a state that didn't require front plates, so thankfully my bumper has no holes. But it's so beat up from eating rocks it still doesn't look great. I've been thinking about getting it smoothed over and resprayed now that I'm not driving it to work every day.

Anybody know if Candy White is difficult to match properly or should a good body shop be able to get it perfect?

My mk4 got hit and the body shop I took it to was able to match the reflex silver exactly and that car was 14 years old. I would think a good body shop would be able to match it well, may just cost a bit more.

zrickety

The Fixer

93serprise

Ready to race!
Put my GTX3071r upgrade on hold...Bought a friends 1972 Datsun 240z with a 350 V8 engine swap :)

ahard48

Ready to race!
Put my GTX3071r upgrade on hold...Bought a friends 1972 Datsun 240z with a 350 V8 engine swap :)

Nice! I have been researching true project cars (240z, s2000, rx7) and have taken a liking to those Datsuns. Throw a pic up whenever you get a chance!

93serprise

Ready to race!
Nice! I have been researching true project cars (240z, s2000, rx7) and have taken a liking to those Datsuns. Throw a pic up whenever you get a chance!

I have always wanted one and will definitely post pics soon. I am picking it up this week.

93serprise

Ready to race!
Here it is :)

zrickety

The Fixer
Looks super sweet.

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
I think I'd push my VW off a cliff for a Z like that.