GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

better ride quality on prokits

neopan

I changed my springs to eibach prokits last summer, and so far I'm loving the look. But the ride has been a lot rougher than I originally though it would be. Would anyone recommend struts to pair with them to get some better ride quality or just go for coilovers instead? If so which ones would you recommend ?

raimo_81

Passed Driver's Ed
I am looking to get a really basic drop. Something that gets rid of a little Wheel gap and makes it a tighter ride in general. Less swaying side to side when driving spirited. I find that the 2.5 handles great but really throws you around when pushing a little.

Price Wise, I am looking at either the eibach pro-kits 1.2F 0.8R or H&R sport 1.4F 1.3R. Do you have these eibach's? Would you mind posting a pic?

I find the back to be already pretty low in comparison to the front, so the eibach's seem like a better fit (in theory).

Let me know if you find anything. Sorry I can't be of much help.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I changed my springs to eibach prokits last summer, and so far I'm loving the look. But the ride has been a lot rougher than I originally though it would be. Would anyone recommend struts to pair with them to get some better ride quality or just go for coilovers instead? If so which ones would you recommend ?
What exactly is the issue? Too stiff? Too bouncy?

I am looking to get a really basic drop. Something that gets rid of a little Wheel gap and makes it a tighter ride in general. Less swaying side to side when driving spirited. I find that the 2.5 handles great but really throws you around when pushing a little.

Price Wise, I am looking at either the eibach pro-kits 1.2F 0.8R or H&R sport 1.4F 1.3R. Do you have these eibach's? Would you mind posting a pic?

I find the back to be already pretty low in comparison to the front, so the eibach's seem like a better fit (in theory).

Let me know if you find anything. Sorry I can't be of much help.
There are plenty of threads that cover this. The springs for the GTI/R/TDI should fit the Golf as well. The difference is going to be the drop you get since these cars are of different weights.

An example would be, MT DG Springs provide a lower drop for DSG cars because DSG cars are heavier. That being said, these are a nice pairing from my experience.

Try doing a google search for this topic:
http://goo.gl/3G6DvX

Take a look through this thread and ask members what they have when you find a photo you like:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15073&page=75

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
I've paired the Pro kits with koni yellows in the past and the ride is decent.. if I were to do it again I'd just get koni coils though.

With that said, now I'm on MT DG springs on my DSG GTI and the drop is great and the ride is perfect. Also on koni yellows still with adjustable dampening.