GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Full TBE vs. downpipe

drhiggens

Ready to race!
I had just the Apr DP on the car for about a month before the cat back was put on. For me the cat back was worth every penny.
I really like the DP only and if all I cared about was HP per dollar then that would be the way to go. but the car back really help get rid of a lot of cabin resonance and booming in the stock cat back. I really was not aware of just how loud it was in the car until after the install. Now with the full turbo back around town it really is the very nice place to spend time driving no real drone or resonance to speak of.
Im really glad I did it just my 2¢

Tyler@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
Definately go with the DP first, if you want to save a few bucks. You can look into the SPM downpipe. It has cheaper pricing and quality is top notch!

Thanks for the shout out Eddie,

It has long been the case with these cars that the absolute best bang for the buck - Downpipe accompanied by a STG 2 tune. Also, make sure you shop around, and don't buy inferior products as you will pay for them down the line.

We offer both a catted and non catted version, true vband connections and tig welded; Our downpipe kits are our best selling products.

Eddie at ModBargains is retailing for:

Catted: $598
Non-Catted: $448

They Golf R actually sounds really good with an aftermarket downpipe with the OEM CBE. We have a video clip posted on our facebook page.

Give us a call or send me a PM if you have any questions.

Thank you,

GP813

Ready to race!

cdw631

Last week I had a B&B dp installed on my R, leaving the OEM catback in place. To my ear the new exhaust sound is not very pleasing, almost "ricer" sounding above 3.5K. Needless to say I will be going back very soon to get the matching Billy Boat catback installed. Although I am also curious about the catback systems from borla, magnaflow or milltek....