GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bent wheel...

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
So some construction detoured me into a backstreet and led to a nice and huge pothole. I've been told its unrepairable. Thoughts on this?

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
i dont know... that looks like it could still be repaired. it might damage the paint though.. :iono:

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
You're told its not repairable so looks like your options are limited to replacing it. What opinions are you looking for?

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
Only one person looked at that single picture and said it looks unrepairable, so I want to confirm that before I spend $400....

Only one person looked at that single picture and said it looks unrepairable, so I want to confirm that before I spend $400....

McQueen77

Banned
bummer. a detroit would have taken that impact like a champ.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

VWTiger

I am the Stig
womp womp :(

DarkCloak

Banned
i
Who told you it is unrepairable? Was it one of these mobile repair guys or was it an actual wheel shop that repairs wheels and removes them from the car while doing so? I have seen far more bent wheels repaired than that.

McQueen77

Banned
Wouldve made the pothole deeper probably.

OP. Its toast.

yeah it would have. op didnt provide picture of pothole but if you refer to my recent pothole thread, i hit a pothole about a foot and a half wide and 9" deep and while it flattened the tire, the Detroit was unscathed.. i feel the added weight of the wheels are offset by their epic durability.

op, wheel is beyond toast

Somebody is gonna have a hard time trying to find a replacement wheel from VMR... :rolleyes:

Good Luck buddy!