GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Paulo's CSG GTI Build

Paulo123

Hey guys! I've always looked around on the forums but this is my first time making a post. I picked up my MK6 a little over a year ago and I think it's made it a bit of a long way! Here's what I've done to it so far:

APR Stage 1+
APR Stage 1 Carbonio Intake
Euro Tails
R8 coilpacks
Sparco Assetto Gara 18 x 8
Driver Gear Springs
35% Tint
Thule Roof Rack and bike rack
Muffler Delete (temporary)
Matte Aluminum Look Emblems
Hankook Ventus V12
Blacked Out Side Lights
50% tint fog lights
RCD330
Euroswitch
Coding of course!

How I got her:

She got a completely new DSG trans at 78k at I'm about to do the timing bits and turbo so she should be pretty fresh; I'm excited! Please let me know if you've seen me on the road haha

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
I've never seen those wheels before - they're pretty slick! They give off a track vibe.

Protip, I think you're using the wrong link for sharing your photo. I think you may be using the 'HTML embed' link. There should be an option for a 'BBCode' link, or something of that nature. Use that one.

Looking forward to seeing more of your car!

Edit: Nevermind, you fixed it after I made my post lol

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Welcome and great looking GTI!!

If you are messing with the turbo might as well go K04 ;)

Yes I’m curious about those emblems too!

torga

Autocross Champion
Do you have a link or a photo for your matte aluminum emblems? Never heard of those either and they sound interesting.

Paulo123

Haha I'm new to posting photos and it was driving me insane to get it the right size...thanks for the compliment on the wheels! They weigh in around 21 lbs and looked wayyyy better than the curbed ones that came with the car :) I can probably take closeups of the emblems but they're just sanded down and matte clear coated in order to give a brushed aluminum look...I don't really like the shiny plastic look neither do I like black everywhere. I'd love to go K04 but I'm in college so $$$ is going elsewhere so I'm just replacing it with another K03 and getting back to ripping.

Paulo123

Thanks to gsxtcy, I now have a Golf R bumper and a real exhaust (Magnaflow catback). I promise to get pictures of the emblem when I actually clean the car (this week it's getting a new turbo and timing components) but here are a few pics of the car now. The front bumper is going to get a refresh with some new paint pretty soon and I'll get some more pics out then.

Paulo123

I’ve always had the fear in the back of my mind that my car would blow up since I had one of the earliest iterations of the tensioner...I needed a new turbo so I decided to get both the turbo and timing done. I took my car to one of the only shops I trust, District Performance, and have nothing but amazing things to say. If anybody needs work on any car this is the place to get it done especially since the foreman (Ayman) used to work at NGP. Ayman actually finished both the turbo and did a complete timing refresh in a mere 4 days with photos…quite amazing to say the least. Not only did they treat me like family but they gave me an amazing deal and replaced parts with parts they had on hand (they even had a CBFA downpipe because I got the wrong turbo since I have a CCTA engine, but that was no problem!); overall great experience and cannot recommend them more since my car feels like new. BTW, this shop in the northern Virginia area on Quicksilver Drive...check them out!

In addition, I polished the car and got the golf R bumper painted along with some new DRLs so now the car looks great and feels like new!

Last edited:

Paulo123

Decided to add a windshield banner to see if I like it...didn't realize it had an extra F but I still like it!