GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB tuning?!

Russellvw21

Ready to race!
Either way I'm most likely gonna get the Cobb tune if it's as easy as they say it is... Good wish the 22 came sooner

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

JBinmkvi400

I like the access port, with the gauge features, data logging, and switching tunes, and for $650? You pay that for a tune from apr or unitronic, but have to buy extra stuff to do the same thing. I just hope they don't drop support like they did for the FG2/FA5 Civic si.

andysamland

Ready to race!
people are acting like e85 tunes and custom tunes havent ever existed before.... This to me is appalling. I understand that eurodyne isn't super accepted in the community but once you learn how to use it can be extremely powerful. I think that Cobb is going to do great stuff for the intellectual advancement of the vw tuning world, but this isnt magic people. I also think that Cobb made a major error by not supporting the mk4 and mk5 first which are vastly easier from a tuner/tuning aspect. If half of you even knew that maps varied from box code to box code( I.E. 115AS to 115AM) you'd have a crap ton of respect for the tuners in the vag scene already. This isn't going to be the Simple process that everyone is trying to make it out to be. I'm sorry, it just isn't. Plus pro tuners aren't free guys. They charge what they're worth. I wish Cobb all the best and i'm sure eventually they'll get there and once the mk5 and mk4 are supported i'll more than likely make the change, but i think that they have a pretty good road ahead of them.

FriggenT1

Banned
people are acting like e85 tunes and custom tunes havent ever existed before.... This to me is appalling. I understand that eurodyne isn't super accepted in the community but once you learn how to use it can be extremely powerful. I think that Cobb is going to do great stuff for the intellectual advancement of the vw tuning world, but this isnt magic people. I also think that Cobb made a major error by not supporting the mk4 and mk5 first which are vastly easier from a tuner/tuning aspect. If half of you even knew that maps varied from box code to box code( I.E. 115AS to 115AM) you'd have a crap ton of respect for the tuners in the vag scene already. This isn't going to be the Simple process that everyone is trying to make it out to be. I'm sorry, it just isn't. Plus pro tuners aren't free guys. They charge what they're worth. I wish Cobb all the best and i'm sure eventually they'll get there and once the mk5 and mk4 are supported i'll more than likely make the change, but i think that they have a pretty good road ahead of them.

Andy, are you saying my car has caused you stress?:eek:

FriggenT1

Banned
So I watched that video and broke down what we've learned from it:

-Accessport has been confirmed.
-On the fly logging and gauges has been confirmed.
-It looks like you do not have to plug it into your laptop first. Complete plug and play (as far as we can infer).
-You can read, and clear CEL's from the Accessport.
-Free future feature updates.

Here's how their "Hardware packages workout" (This is different from stages)
-Stage 1 Package: Tune and Filter
-Stage 1+ Package: Tune and Full intake
-Stage 2 Package: Tune, Full intake, Downpipe, and Cat-back

That's just what I saw from the video.

Sounds like all 3 APs I've owned in the past....all the logging and maps sound about the same.

Calkulin

Ready to race!

It's not about being accepted or not, the reason more people don't run Eurodyne is cause they don't care about custom tuning, etc, all they want to do is flash the car once and be done, just like every other part in the car that they "upgrade" and never touch again. Only the people that are trying to make the most power possible or run custom setups use it since currently it's the only option we have to make changes as needed

My personal gripe with the Eurodyne on MK6 is the lack of tables to properly be able to tune the car, the MK4/5 don't have that issue and Chris Tapp's attitude of not wanting to add more tables to the platform(all I always get is the table is not available in the TSI ECU, which is bullshit since I see them using a bench flasher but all he's focused on is the MK7 anyways, so this platform is dead to him). And let's not even talk about their customer support :cool:

Cobb on the other hand, from the looks of it, will give us access to more tables(you know, the ones that Eurodyne says don't exist) and at least have good customer support for those that need it. From the tuning side tho, they will be the similar as the table formats are the same, with the exception that you can do more with Cobb than Eurodyne since you have access to more stuff

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone heard anything about Cobb coming out with a K04 file? I haven't decided if I'm going to go that far, but if that becomes included in the AP at some point it's well worth the $650 right now.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Has anyone heard anything about Cobb coming out with a K04 file? I haven't decided if I'm going to go that far, but if that becomes included in the AP at some point it's well worth the $650 right now.

Right now it "In plans but no release date determined" They offered up to use one of their Access Tuner dealers to customize a map for you.. obviously you would have to pay for the custom map.

I feel like 6months from now they will probably have a base map for the k04 maybe the F23T(as more people are showing interest in it) And maybe with in a year even a Stage 3 map based on the GTX 28/30. But im pretty sure they mentioned on their facebook in the comments that they were gonna try and get a k04 map out there.

bleaklogan

I owned a COBB AP before and they are pretty nifty. Launch control, flat foot shifting, boost gauges etc. But honestly after owning two Scoobarus with an AP I think the software if best used on that platform vs ours. Obviously the software and support for VW will continue over time.

Unless someone else knows differently I heard the pre-loaded tunes are more or less a "blanket tune." For instance I took my car to a tuner in Denver when I had an AP and told me that a protune loaded onto the AP was safer since those generic maps on the AP did not really count the elevation factors. Maybe they have fixed this. I mean I have not owned one for a year.

After switching from Cobb to APR I have noticed a huge difference though. APR have very very good tunes. Everything runs so much smoother on APR I've noticed. So maybe if you are getting an AP maybe get a protune loaded onto it to be safe.

just my half assed opinion after owning both softwares.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
My personal gripe with the Eurodyne on MK6 is the lack of tables to properly be able to tune the car, the MK4/5 don't have that issue and Chris Tapp's attitude of not wanting to add more tables to the platform(all I always get is the table is not available in the TSI ECU, which is bullshit since I see them using a bench flasher but all he's focused on is the MK7 anyways, so this platform is dead to him). And let's not even talk about their customer support :cool:

That is exactly what I said from the start. This will be like Eurodyne, but without an asshole on the other end of the phone. Chris Tapp is by far the WORST human being I have EVER spoken with on the phone. Speaking to people in fucking china about your credit card bill is less painful than a 30 second conversation with Chris before he basically calls you retarded and hangs up.

With that being said, I do like what I'm able to do with Eurodyne. But, if this option existed a year ago I would 2000% have went the Cobb route.