GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
Update on AM issues:

So I received my HU today and also have terrible AM reception on my Tiguan. I dug around the web and read about the dual antenna system VW uses. The diversity antenna system does a great job at getting the best signal with only OEM HU's which make use of it. There is no real adapter to make it work with aftermarket HU's or this economical market HU. I did notice the adapter that came with this HU just bypasses one antenna all together. The antenna it uses is suppose to be the passive Roof mounted antenna that does work with AM, because the window mounted antenna only does FM. I am going to try to run a powered antenna adapter on it and see if I get increased AM reception. I will post my results either Wednesday or Thursday when i get the adapters.

Unrelated: the ebay listing says this radio has no RDS yet I am getting FM station Data on my display.

Any update on the AM reception issues or work around?

LaRayes

Any luck in getting the camera to work?

So I finally installed the HU and got the camera to work! The problem was in fact with the adapter (26 pin rgb cable). So I asked the seller to send a new one out which they did I also ordered one from ali express which I posted the link in a earlier post. Everything works great (Bluetooth, steering wheels controls, rear camera, car play, radio). Will post some pics of the wiring below (turns out it's pretty straight forward). One thing to note whilst installing and testing the rear camera be sure to wire and power everything up before testing. since if you for instance forget to power the adapter the HU will switch from the camera feed (which would be black or blank) to park pilot. Once in park pilot and even if you wire or power everything correctly and you try to put the car in reverse again it will go to park pilot and you will not get the rear camera image. Unplug the HU, insure everything is wired and powered and try again and it should work. Thanks for everyone's help on this post it was highly appreciated! Please find wiring pics of my install below

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iSuckAtThis

Passed Driver's Ed
So I finally installed the HU and got the camera to work! The problem was in fact with the adapter (26 pin rgb cable). So I asked the seller to send a new one out which they did I also ordered one from ali express which I posted the link in a earlier post. Everything works great (Bluetooth, steering wheels controls, rear camera, car play, radio). Will post some pics of the wiring below (turns out it's pretty straight forward). One thing to note whilst installing and testing the rear camera be sure to wire and power everything up before testing. since if you for instance forget to power the adapter the HU will switch from the camera feed (which would be black or blank) to park pilot. Once in park pilot and even if you wire or power everything correctly and you try to put the car in reverse again it will go to park pilot and you will not get the rear camera image. Unplug the HU, insure everything is wired and powered and try again and it should work. Thanks for everyone's help on this post it was highly appreciated! Please find wiring pics of my install below

Looks great!
Glad everything finally worked out for you.
Enjoy!! [emoji51][emoji51]

drakore

Ready to race!
I was thinking about getting this to use Mirrorlink with my S7. Does anyone know if I can run Spotify in the background while using Waze? Will the steering wheel controls work with Spotify? Will the voice activation button work while in Mirrorlink to call people?

Thanks!

Bryant89

Any justification in price difference between the 187A and 187B besides the "App" button and the fact that it's hacked? Both can be updated with the latest firmware via USB?

mojoooo0

Passed Driver's Ed
Nav would be built into the RNS510 or what ever old head unit you are using. the RCD330 does not have built in nav.

If you use your phone with mirrorlink or carplay, then you can use nav from your phone which is projected onto the head unit.

drakore

Ready to race!
Nav would be built into the RNS510 or what ever old head unit you are using. the RCD330 does not have built in nav.

If you use your phone with mirrorlink or carplay, then you can use nav from your phone which is projected onto the head unit.
Can you run Spotify in the background while using Nav through mirrorlink? Or can you run Spotify on your phone and stream via Bluetooth while using Nav through mirrorlink?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion

OK so the replacement headunit works fine with the car's GPS antenna correct? Still would like to see AM radio work so I can listen to sports in the car though.

Jaber

Modero
OK so the replacement headunit works fine with the car's GPS antenna correct? Still would like to see AM radio work so I can listen to sports in the car though.

The 330 does not have nav. So no, it wouldn't work with the cars gps antenna.

ExcelonGT

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone know the charge output amperage on the front USB port. Trying to understand if this charges phones fast enough to have the phone run maps and Spotify simultaneously and be charged at the same time