GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Missing connector

Tmact1

Hello everyone, hoping some of you guys can help me out here. I recently replaced the intake manifold on my mk6 GTI. Thankfully I didn't have any screws leftover, however I cannot for the life of me figure out where a specific connector goes.

This three pin connector comes from a triple connector harness which attaches to the metal fuel rail. On this harness is a cable for the cam position sensor, one that leads to the bottom of the oil filter housing, and lo and behold the connector I cannot figure out where it goes. It has a very short reach, roughly three inches. I have attached a picture. Any ideas what this connects to or what it does? Thanks for taking a look!

https://imgur.com/EgP7HQQ

Best,
Tony.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Hm the only other one I remember on that side is the one that connects to the manifold position sensor near the left side intake manifold runner and top right near the oil filter

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
It goes under the intake. If you are looking at the engine look through the first opening(hole) on the left side intake manifold and look down. You will see steel fitting sticking out, connect to the end of it. Or you can kinda see it if you look under the left side of the mani

Tmact1

Alright guys so I figured it all out! It turns out I was having so much trouble figuring out where the connector went because there is simply nothing there to connect it to! In my haste of replacing the intake manifold, I must have forgotten to remove the manifold position sensor and installed the new one without it! So there you go...mystery solved lmao.

I already went ahead and ordered a replacement sensor since I threw the old one away already. Only thing now is, one of the two screws used in holding it down is inaccessible with the intake manifold already installed. So might have to take the whole thing off again just because of this. :yikes:

OR I can only use one screw and try to use epoxy on the second screw hole. What say you guys?

Best,
Tony.

Tmact1

I'd just remove it and do it right If it were me. You def don't want to create a vacuum leak there.

Hi Phoenix, so I went ahead and removed the intake manifold as you recommended. Unfortunately the position sensor I purchased on ebay did not fit. Well it does fit, but the holes for the screws do not line up properly so im going to go ahead an purchase one from ECS instead.

However, I was wondering if there was a piece that connects the sensor to the actual intake manifold? Both the sensor and the manifold have a hollowed out square in the middle. Otherwise, im not sure if the sensor even touches the part on the manifold that spins. At best its just riding on top of it, without spinning. Unfortunately I dont have the original so I cant check. Can you help please?

Thanks,
Tony.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
I told you above, there is a steel fitting protruding out.pm me you # and I will text you a pic