GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS/GB 2012 Golf-GTI Replica Head lights

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
I believe these are just housings. No bulbs. It's up to you as the buyer to find an HID to install in there.

How many of the black do you have? I just pulled the trigger on some other stuff so i may have to wait a month or so

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
I'm pretty sure that these will come with all bulbs needed besides low beam, as they would be HID. I remember the other seller, Ed on Vortex, saying he would have an option for including your own HID kit on them for a lower price. His were 700 and these are 600 so this is probably the same deal.

These black housings are gonna sell like crazy. Would love pics of them on a car if it's not to much to ask dood.

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
I was going to hold off on these since I'm on the latest group buy for the R tails but after seeing those black housings I fear my wallet is going to be hating me. Here's hoping I can sell some bass gear quickly.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Sorry but these work with halogen headlight equipped cars. If you install these headlights on a car that came equipped with xenons from factory you'll throw a code for the APS system not being there.

Somebody needs to create a blck housing for xenons that costs less than 1100.

allset

Go Kart Champion
Somebody needs to create a blck housing for xenons that costs less than 1100.

u may be able u use these and transfer over the projector and hardware. There are lots of places that specialze in retro/customizing headlamps that prob could do it if ur not a DIYer

The housing is identical so i dont see why u couldnt make the transfer

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
u may be able u use these and transfer over the projector and hardware. There are lots of places that specialze in retro/customizing headlamps that prob could do it if ur not a DIYer

The housing is identical so i dont see why u couldnt make the transfer

Any sources?

allset

Go Kart Champion

SFvalleyGTi1

Go Kart Champion
Sorry guys, I jumped the gun on the all black housing lights. They are not available yet, and are being produced right now. Should be available in 2 weeks time.

At the moment we have 40 sets of the chrome version of the headlight which is pictured in my first post.

All headlights come with bulbs, all you need is the HID kit (D2H) for the low beams.

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
Sorry guys, I jumped the gun on the all black housing lights. They are not available yet, and are being produced right now. Should be available in 2 weeks time.

That is a relief. Now I have some time to scrounge up some cash. Any first hand info on how involved it is to swap out the headlights? With the winter months coming in Jersey and no garage space I don't care to be outside too long.

SFvalleyGTi1

Go Kart Champion
That is a relief. Now I have some time to scrounge up some cash. Any first hand info on how involved it is to swap out the headlights? With the winter months coming in Jersey and no garage space I don't care to be outside too long.

I believe it requires removing the front bumper :23: I believe the whole installation process is about 1 hour.

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion

Bittsersweet. Still, if you could get pics of them it would be fantastic and I'm sure it would help you secure even more buyers. I am definitely down to wait 2 weeks for the black housings.

You basically have to remove the grille then all the upper mounts and clips for the bumper, and slide it forward a bit. You can replace the headlights like this, but I strongly recommend removing the entire front bumper. I tried just sliding it forward and broke one of the clips on the side just under the headlight :paddle:. Its definitely worth the extra work, and makes mounting the headlight easier.