GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What Swaybar End Links are Needed (if any) for 24" FTG Drop??

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
As title states, I'm installing a set of replacement coil-overs on a daily driven, non-tracked mk6 GTI and I'm not sure what is needed (if any) in the way of sway bar end links for a fairly low, 24" FTG stance. I'm replacing a set of blown WRD coils that came with their own end links for the front. They are pretty shot but the OEM ones are in good condition. Seeing as the WRD end links are a different length than stock end links which ones should I go with? OEM in good condition or aftermarket/adjustable ones? I've read a few threads that state adjustable ones are really for fine tuning suspension on a tracked car but I'm a little confused since the WRD ones are a different length and non-adjustable than the OEM ones. Considering this car will not see a track and runs factory suspension everywhere else besides the coil-overs, does anyone have any feedback? I saw a set of Super Pro front links which are fairly reasonable but NGP lists one part number for "shortened applications" (TRC12245) and several other sites listed another (TRC12265).... Hoping a pro can school me on this. :beer:

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
I run ultra lows on stock end links at 24” ftg. Adjustables would probably be better, but stock is doable.

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
Adjustable endlinks will ensure proper sway bar position and avoid clunking. Anything lower than stock height should use adjustable end links IMO.

I run the SuperPros. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-superpro-parts/adjustable-sway-bar-end-links-pair/trc12265~spr/

Any issues with these being too short? What is your drop like? FTG?

The TRC12265 kit listed for the MK6 list as adjustable between 320mm and 365mm. The TRC12245 list as adjustable between 300mm and 345mm. Just wondering which I should go with now.

eldiablo1

Ready to race!
Any issues with these being too short? What is your drop like? FTG?

The TRC12265 kit listed for the MK6 list as adjustable between 320mm and 365mm. The TRC12245 list as adjustable between 300mm and 345mm. Just wondering which I should go with now.

No issues at all. I'm unsure of FTG but I'm not very low (running DG springs).

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Steinjager endlinks are by far the best out there for this platform on the fronts. They don't make a rear version unfortunately.

I'm looking into getting new endlinks for my car, what makes these better than the other options?

torga

Autocross Champion
Steinjager endlinks are by far the best out there for this platform on the fronts. They don't make a rear version unfortunately.
I'm looking into getting new endlinks for my car, what makes these better than the other options?

Commenting mainly to subscribe. I'd also like to know what the quality/performance difference is. Their price-point is essentially identical.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
They use heim joints instead of ball sockets.
Idk why that's better but sign me up.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

torga

Autocross Champion
Heim joints in excel in double shear mounting, IIRC. Endlinks are mounted in single shear, so a ball joint might actually be better for an endlink application.