GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is the fastest you have had your MKVI GTI up to and how did it go?

mk6GTIvenom

Ready to race!
x2. This is the safe and proper way to see the top performance of your car.

I managed to hit 180km/h on the front straight of the River's Edge Road Course (Mission Raceway, BC) and I could've broken 210km/h easy if I had a clear run in front of me (and wasn't in the novice group with no passing allowed, haha).

Course *is* a little short, though... now I want to try a longer course like PIR in Portland.

Glad to here you are tracking your car. For the ones who never done it they are missing the best experience you could ever have in your car. How about hearing from others with track experience.:)

KiwiKawaii

Ready to race!
My fastest was around 100mph during a Thunderstorm at the straight on Cayuga speedway.

The car was hydroplanning a bit and the TCS was cutting power constantly, but I'm decently impressed by the stock Dunlop a/s in the rain. :thumbup:

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
Cruise control set @115 today for about 20 miles. Sunday morning on the Autobahn is SIIIICK!! :thumbsup: The only exotic car I saw was a Delorean:iono:

Mucho Audi A4s and TTs blowing by me when I was doing about 100.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
223km/h on mine.felt safe even though highway was not smooth at all.ran out of highway so i shut down lol

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
I hit 120 mph on the Nurburgring yesterday. And on the way there 123mph goverened. Digital speedo and GPS in KPH were only off by 2kph..

maverick_uae

Passed Driver's Ed
234km/hr while trying to tail a 458 italia lol! i dunno why i bothered! i felt like a dog runnin after an oldsmobile.. you know its faster.. but chase it anyway! :p

masmole

Passed Driver's Ed
A legal 120 MPH at Lime Rock Park. Anyone can speed on the interstate. Get your car on the straight at 120 and then go into a 180 degree turn. That's driving. Want more info. on tracking your street car contact me.

What kind of mods do you have on your GTI that gets you to 120mph at the front straight of Limerock?

I assume R-compounds, chip tune, and maybe bbk? I'm not a professional but do track regularly, and having driven Limerock on various types of cars, I have a hard time believing how a mk6 GTI can go that fast even at Limerock's fastest straight, unless it's nicely modified. Only cars I've driven at those speeds at that track have been high-powered M-cars and Porsches. I know an E92 M3 gets into the 120's easily, and a GT3 close to 130. I've also been able to get an RS4 right at 120mph on stock pirelli street tires but that was on a very good lap with no traffic.

Perhaps you're a professional race driver, so I'm not trying to call BS or anything, but I'm just really curious what kind of mods it takes to get a GTI to run that fast at Limerock's straight. I have yet to drive a GTI there but I did drive another GTI at a similar track here in the midwest with an even longer straight, and the GTI was running out of steam at just over 110mph and it would've taken a much longer straight to actually get to 120mph, which Limerock doesn't have.

Marvin

Ready to race!

What on earth is a 'Volkswagon'?

:sm3:

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
I left Germany today and made the most of it,,,,

The governor is set @ 200 KPH according to GPS. flat road thats where it stayed for 2 miles.

sdvictor

Passed Driver's Ed
Fastest in US: 130 mph
Fastest anywhere: 146 mph
Fastest in my wife's GTI: 115 mph
Fastest in my Subaru: 125 mph

All on a closed course, of course ;)

BTW, most cars seem to get shrug off speed until 120mph. Then it seems a bit scary afterwards.

r56mcs

Ready to race!
I love cops and I support them. I don't care if you speed when there are no cars around. But weaving through the gaps really annoy me.

gotti1

Ready to race!
My car dies out at 121mph. I once went 135 as a passenger in a ferrari 360 modena in the opposite lane of traffic. But the fastest I have ever been was 146mph in bmw 740.

Last edited: