GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maplight buttons

dwp2

Ready to race!
I used my maplights tonight and had to press the button over and over to get it to turn off. If I pushed the button all the way in, it would just blink and stay on. I finally got it to turn off by pushing in about 80%, until I heard a single click. Anybody else experience this yet?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Nope. 1 click on, another and they're off.

darknightohio1

Ready to race!
No problems with the map lights yet, but my auto down for the passenger window requires more force to work than the drivers side. I hope this is not a sign of problems...:thumbdown:

dwp2

Ready to race!
When I first got the car the buttons worked as expected, but it seems like the switch is wearing out, after very little usage.

Luis G

Passed Driver's Ed
sounds like the switch has become unseated. Might just have to lock it back in place.

Not sure how to do this though.

pvivino

Ready to race!
I used my maplights tonight and had to press the button over and over to get it to turn off. If I pushed the button all the way in, it would just blink and stay on. I finally got it to turn off by pushing in about 80%, until I heard a single click. Anybody else experience this yet?

My passenger side switch started doing this about a month ago. If you press lighter it will sometimes work. Or try pressing on one end or the other and it will work better than pressing in the middle. I guess I could get VW to fix it under warranty - but I'm not sure it is worth the hassle.