GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil Filter

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
If you dont use a VW filter I think u can lose your warranty due to the mag moss act.
VW is providing you at no charge a replacement item. If VW didnt provide you a filter then you could use whatever filter but since they provide you a filter and oil at a interval they know is safe FOR FREE Mag moss doesnt apply.

stai

Hi all

I am in Australia and wish to buy parts for my Mk 6 GTI. Does anyone have websites they can recommend?

Thanks.

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
Just an FYI, http://www.1stvwparts.com has the filter for a decent price.
$10.25

I ordered my noisepipe delete 'kit' from them and they were extremely pleasant to deal with.

Just to be crystal, you put 'kit' in quotes b/c 1stvwparts doesn't really have a kit they put together for the noise pipe delete right?

So, did you use the Tiguan pipe or the A3 pipe? All over this board I've read of people doing the Tiguan pipe replacement, but the shop I got my APR flash (Eurocode Tuning, Torrance Cali) is trying to tell me they think the A3 pipe will be a better fit.

I'd like yours or others' 2 cents. More if you got 'em.

Justinjor

Ready to race!
Yes, I put kit in quotations because they don't offer a kit persay, I just went with the parts listed in a different thread.
You definitely need these 3 parts if you want a clean OEM look. The only part you REALLY need is the pipe and then you can just put a cap in the part of the noise pipe that goes into the cabin. That looked really cheesy to me so I made sure I got all the original parts.
1K0-145-770-N – Tiguan Pipe
1K0-971-866-A -- Firewall plug
1K0-971-865-A – Firewall Clip

I dont know how much better fitment I could have gotten since the tiguan pipe is quite literally the same pipe without the extra tee off for the noisepipe. It fit perfectly .

Here is that other thread
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6889

Last edited:

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
I dont know how much better fitment I could have gotten since the tiguan pipe is quite literally the same pipe without the extra tee off for the noisepipe. It fit perfectly .

Thnx. I was aware of the other post by Snobrdrdan(?) and went in asking for the Tiguan pipe, but A3 pipe is what they (Eurocode) shot back at me. I think the problem is they've never seen the Tiguan pipe and don't know that it's the same damn thing as you can plainly see even in pics. I'm just going to have to take a look at the A3 pipe and see how that stacks up. Thnx again.