GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why no discussion about E85 tunes?

whalesalad

Ready to race!
I can easily see Forge manufacturing a kit to replace all the lines, injectors, etc... and partnering with Revo to make this happen. That would be serious competition for APR since right now the only way these guys compete is on who has the cheapest K04 and best value with the tune. Apples to apples a stage 1 APR car vs a stage 1 Revo/GIAC car, they're nearly identical. This would be like Mac vs. PC, a radical departure from the current method of competition.

I'd easily invest in a Forge kit that did this if everything that might corrode could be replaced. It would be quite a fun install project and gaining all that extra power would be fantastic. We only have 91 over here on the west coast too!

chippedgti

Go Kart Champion
Talk is coming out for the FSI motors because of the fact that they can change their injectors such as when they go from k03 to k04 they run RS4 injectors off an audi. Us tsi owners when we go k04 dont need to change because our injectors were better built. Another reason theres not to much talk about it would be because of the fact that you would have to change all your rubber fuel lines throughout the whole vehicle so the E85 wouldnt eat away at it. Lets let the FSI guys be the ginny pigs then we will see.

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
Talk is coming out for the FSI motors because of the fact that they can change their injectors such as when they go from k03 to k04 they run RS4 injectors off an audi. Us tsi owners when we go k04 dont need to change because our injectors were better built. Another reason theres not to much talk about it would be because of the fact that you would have to change all your rubber fuel lines throughout the whole vehicle so the E85 wouldnt eat away at it. Lets let the FSI guys be the ginny pigs then we will see.

No need the FSI fuel system is E-85 capable as per VAG Pdf tech doc. I've been running about 25-30 percent mixure for about the last 10K miles. This said I would bet the TSI is also able. Once I'm done testing a new fuel pumps ( higher flowing intank and HPFP ) and other supporting fueling hardware and its capable of 30 + percent more fuel flow needed to run it 100 percent Ill be moving in that direction. Bob G:thumbsup:

omes4life1

Ready to race!
This is Deff something im interested in because the closest E85 Station is 10 min away from my house!

idk why but i feel like an E85 Tune wouldnt put down as much power as it should like say on a WRX or EVO. Tuners need to look into E85 Tunes for the GTI because its better all around mainly because the price is a lot cheaper than Californias 91 Horse piss. it would be nice for APR to release a map to run E85 like Stock/91/93/100/E85. even if it was $200+ for the map, ide still pay for IT!

BTW wht do you guys think of running half/half? half 91 with Half E85? you think itd be any different? always wondered

SE5spd

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm thinking of doing a some what "custom" build.

PTE6262 with E85 on with a street t00n, my concern is if a bigger turbo such a 6262 will spool good with a not so high red lining car?

Any input?

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
I'm thinking of doing a some what "custom" build.

PTE6262 with E85 on with a street t00n, my concern is if a bigger turbo such a 6262 will spool good with a not so high red lining car?

Any input?

There no way around it a bigger exhaust wheel turbo gonna spool later and your power band will be less if your not gonna rev it. . IMO that turbo with .63 ar on E-85 gonna spool mid to high 4K if you have the supporting mods. When you have a bigger turbo like that you need a set of cams with some overlap to help spool It alot of people make that mistake and just slap a BT on. Its all about getting components to work togther. Good luck with the build and take a look @ PPT T-3 full v-band. Ss manifold setup. I would suggest contacting Arnold @PPT and pick his brain he can help you work toward your goal and pair up ANY turbo you choose to his hardware and his customer service is second to none. Bob G :thumbsup:

JoeVDub

Go Kart Champion
Bump. Is there any Vendor with info on this?

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Same with Etuners. Just because APR and Uni don't support it doesn't mean there aren't tuners willing to work with you on it.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Same with Etuners. Just because APR and Uni don't support it doesn't mean there aren't tuners willing to work with you on it.

Yeah most people are under the impression that you can't do shit with this platform because companies that are actually willing to support cool stuff aren't as well known. Shame.

Azzore1

Ready to race!
Can we do it with our stock injectors? or do we need an upgrade, if so who sells them?