GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic Stage 2+ (k04 hardware!) review

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Yea this Texas Heat is no joke in the Summer.. I'm Running the Godspeed V1 FMIC.. And car felt much better after putting it on.. Ran k04 with UNI stage 2+ for like 6 months on stock intercooler in Cali before moving to HTX in July and glad I did it

i coulda sworn you used to live in the bay area.. weird. oh duh.. just read the rest of your sentence.

wireless

Ready to race!
Yea this Texas Heat is no joke in the Summer.. I'm Running the Godspeed V1 FMIC.. And car felt much better after putting it on.. Ran k04 with UNI stage 2+ for like 6 months on stock intercooler in Cali before moving to HTX in July and glad I did it

Hmmm... I might go with the Godspeed, I'm just a bit wary since my Godspeed downpipe was trash lol.

The heat here can suck in the summer. In fact, it pretty much sucks from... last year we had a short misery session - triple digits from roughly June to September. Not bad! Hopefully this year goes smoother, but you're a good ways away with a bit cooler since you have a breeze from the gulf...

Nice Review! I plan to get the Uni K04 Someday. I am UNI Stage 2 with UNI Stage 1 DSG. YES! The DSG tune makes a HUGE difference for stage 2. I HIGHLY recommend it!! Shifts are just that much faster, and the D mode is def improved

I appreciate it!

I've heard, for comparison's sake, that "no mod will be like going from stock to stage 1"

I beg to differ - Going from Uni stage 2 -> k04 was MORE of a jump (feel wise) than going from Stock to Stage 1+

I'll probably try it then. I have a Uniconnect, and I think they give you 6 hours of drive time to test, so if that works I can try that :)

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I beg to differ - Going from Uni stage 2 -> k04 was MORE of a jump (feel wise) than going from Stock to Stage 1+

i agree with that. but when i said it, a lot of people said i was insane.

wireless

Ready to race!
Glad you're enjoying everything, David! :thumbsup:

Funny I saw this on HIDPlanet before I did here haha.

whaaaat?! most people here aren't on hidplanet :( lol

We need a vid of the dyno and some quick pulls on some open roads lol

Planning on it!! :)

Here's the only pull I made right before I ran into a Golf R / 350z.. raced both, beat both!
Literally... in this video I was coming up behind them fast haha

///Audience

Ready to race!
awesome review! Who did you get to do your install?

///Audience

Ready to race!
Last edited: