GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Andre's K04 Build

ruan9n

Ready to race!
SPM full mounts and WALK ordered today.

power--->ground

That's an awesome combo! I'm gonna go for powerflex contol arm bushes and THS FR3 mount kit combo towards the end of the year!

drepai

Go Kart Champion
I tapped into my window washer bottle on my mk5. I had an aquamist bottle with an 0.7mm nozzle, I think it was too big as I went through that 5 litre washer bottle pretty quickly. My intake temps were ambient and the car didn't pull much timing though. Live and learn I guess, on my mk6 i'd fit a devils own or AEM wmi kit if I go down that road again.
0.7mm nozzle is about 300cc/min right? That's a little bit big for stock turbo but nothing too crazy, were you flooring it all the time:D? What was your pump pressure? I have a 325cc/m and 60cc/m nozzle with the pump set at 200psi and my 1.5gallon tank lasts me a good while, even with a 5 liter tank I don't think I would have to fill up too frequently.

Coolingmist is a good kit for the price and very easy to build on. I can't speak for the other kits because I have no experience with them but all I can say is I'm very happy with my trunk mount kit. I have been running it in 100 octane mode for a while now with this kit and the power is awesome:thumbup:

drepai

Go Kart Champion

Stoked.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
WALK and SPM full mounts installed:

Also found broken bushings on downpipe hanger

Turns out this was the cause of the weird noises I've been hearing

drepai

Go Kart Champion
WALK: Driving home through sunset was a totally different experience with these. The front end just holds on and doesn't want to let go, I had to relearn the limits of grip. The steering feels a bit heavier as well which I really enjoy. Ride quality is not compromised at all, going over harsh bumps feels exactly the same as it did before. Traction in low gears is much better, second gear can really pin you back into your seat as opposed to just spinning like it did before. I honestly was not expecting the difference to be this dramatic. If you think about the price and how much this mod helps it's honestly a no-brainier.

A_Bowers

Agreed. Someone mentioned this before but I feel like this upgrade is overlooked by way too many people. It's a night and day difference at a very low price.

It is for sure. The super pro is just too much money for most folks, and these fall right in the price point of a very streetable setup.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
It is for sure. The super pro is just too much money for most folks, and these fall right in the price point of a very streetable setup.
Streetable indeed. I've heard of these breaking on the track though, it doesn't happen often but it's possible. I will be doing some tracking with these in the future so I guess we'll see. Worst case scenario one of them breaks and whiteline sends me a new one. I may eventually switch to superpro for peace of mind, not sure if it's worth it though... probably isn't.

JT641

Banned

Guess I'm not most folks & I'm a rich millionaire "I Wish". Got my Super Control Arms For $476 shipped to my door

Streetable indeed. I've heard of these breaking on the track though, it doesn't happen often but it's possible. I will be doing some tracking with these in the future so I guess we'll see. Worst case scenario one of them breaks and whiteline sends me a new one. I may eventually switch to superpro for peace of mind, not sure if it's worth it though... probably isn't.

How much is peace of mind worth to you or How much is great quality worth to you. I personally will save my money to get top quality parts, Or "I'd rather pay more now then Later".

My Super Pro Control Arms Just Simply Beautiful, Can't wait to get them on :D

Video pretty much sums it up

Thread review on Super Pro LCA's http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58237

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Guess I'm not most folks & I'm a rich millionaire "I Wish". Got my Super Control Arms For $476 shipped to my door

How much is peace of mind worth to you or How much is great quality worth to you. I personally will save my money to get top quality parts, Or "I'd rather pay more now then Later".

My Super Pro Control Arms Just Simply Beautiful, Can't wait to get them on :D

Video pretty much sums it up

Thread review on Super Pro LCA's http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58237
thats cool brah. Honestly I highly doubt the WALK is going to break, plenty of people run it with no problems...whiteline makes quality stuff. For less than half the price I'll stick with the walk, at the end of the day they both achieve the same thing. Those control arms do look good though..

drepai

Go Kart Champion
SPM mounts.... amazing. Car is so much more fun to drive with these. I'll write a full review once they're fully broken in but I'm very impressed so far. Only thing is that these+single mass flywheel=ridiculous clutch chatter; I can handle it but it's probably more than most people can tolerate on a dd. We'll see how it is once they settle in...

JT641

Banned
SPM mounts.... amazing. Car is so much more fun to drive with these. I'll write a full review once they're fully broken in but I'm very impressed so far. Only thing is that these+single mass flywheel=ridiculous clutch chatter; I can handle it but it's probably more than most people can tolerate on a dd. We'll see how it is once they settle in...

I've got the same thing going on here to, But once I got about 500 miles on it & I did about 6-8 hard launches it quieted down some more.:w00t: But it's still noisier than most people can handle though, But I wouldn't change it for anything, My car pulls so much harder now It's great.:thumbup:

Putting in those control arms ^^^ tomorrow hopefully along with some other stuff, Then to the shop on friday for installation of the last of the parts in my garage. (see build thread):happyanim:

drepai

Go Kart Champion
sick progress
Thanks bro, more coming soon:thumbup:
I've got the same thing going on here to, But once I got about 500 miles on it & I did about 6-8 hard launches it quieted down some more.:w00t: But it's still noisier than most people can handle though, But I wouldn't change it for anything, My car pulls so much harder now It's great.:thumbup:

Putting in those control arms ^^^ tomorrow hopefully along with some other stuff, Then to the shop on friday for installation of the last of the parts in my garage. (see build thread):happyanim:
Totally agree, the car does feel much quicker and more responsive with these. The vibes aren't half as bad as I imagined and seem to be mellowing out a bit more every day. I have less than 200 miles of mellow driving on them btw. I haven't been listening to music in the car as much because I'm too busy listening to the perfect harmony of that deep growl and high pitched turbo spool. Lol, I'm definitely hyped on these mounts.