GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECU upgrade 0-60?

hitbyadampayi

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey everyone
I'm curious as to know what the 0-60 times are for people that have the stage 1 APR chip and stage 2 as well and anyone else that got their cars chipped with other companies.
I'm curious because I want to know which company is the best to go with/which has the biggest gain. So far I'm leaning towards APR but if there's a better company out there with bigger gains then I might change my mind (as much as I want to stick with APR based on the positive reviews I keep reading).
Thanks in advance for all the feedback.

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
Going by 0-60 alone is a bad idea. Im sure they can make the car run 0-60 in 5 seconds if they wanted but your engine wont last.

EvL BuNNY

Ready to race!
Going by 0-60 alone is a bad idea. Im sure they can make the car run 0-60 in 5 seconds if they wanted but your engine wont last.

why wouldn't the engine last? i dont have exact times for 0-60 but its def somewhere in the range of 5-5.5 seconds...

motortrend had the 2010 gti STOCK run a 5.8
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/hatchbacks/112_0910_2010_volkswagen_gti_test/index.html

read the 3rd paragraph

theres no doubt in my mind that the gti is capable of 5 seconds or maybe even less with a stage 1 or 2. especially with the amazingly quick shifting DSG

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
Try looking at the power gains on a graph (hp/torque) rather than a 0-60 time.

KiwiKawaii

Ready to race!
theres no doubt in my mind that the gti is capable of 5 seconds or maybe even less with a stage 1 or 2. especially with the amazingly quick shifting DSG

I highly doubt that.

Traction is a important factor for a good 0-60 time, and the GTI is at a big disadvantage at it. In fact, all FWD cars are.

If you really want to know the approx. 0-60 time for a chipped car, then I'd say it would be around the stock 0-60 for a mazdaspeed 3.

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
The Internet: The most powerful tool ever to be bestowed upon man, being misused since the early 90's.

Gotta Love It.

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
but what makes you think the motor would fail?
thats what i am wondering...

Im not saying the engine isnt capable but by going with a company that makes the fastest 0-60 isnt always the best idea. There is many factors to look at when choosing a company . For instance 1 company from what i have read
eliminates alot of errors to show up that needs to be addressed if that fault comes up.
If fastest 0-60 was the case some kid with a laptop and a made up German sounding company name would be making a killing.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
The Internet: The most powerful tool ever to be bestowed upon man, being misused since the early 90's.

Gotta Love It.

Agreed. Has anyone ever heard of google or yahoo? lol or hell the word search? Today's society is all about give it to me now without having to do real work. It bugs me. :mad0259:

back on topic: OP i'm thinking 5.5-5sec with a chip. Doubtful, but its all subjective. Whose gonna ask that in passing? HP and Torque is where it is at.