GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mishimoto MK6 Intercooler R&D Thread

Mishimoto

Ready to race!
Hey Guys!

I'm dredging this thread from the depths to let you know that we're getting very close to our presale! Make sure you stay tuned for one final blog post coming in the next few weeks!

-Nick

Verserk-MK6

Ready to race!
Hey Guys!

I'm dredging this thread from the depths to let you know that we're getting very close to our presale! Make sure you stay tuned for one final blog post coming in the next few weeks!

-Nick

Welcome back,

Lets see some pre-sale pictures for the excitement factor.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
:( #cbfaproblems

if I didn't have to worry about emissions I'd be all over this... maybe I'll start looking into a way to resistor out that sensor.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion

if I didn't have to worry about emissions I'd be all over this... maybe I'll start looking into a way to resistor out that sensor.

The CBFA part stinks, but I seen others have used washers and spaced the intercooler away from the sensor... although I'm not sure that would be an option with this intercooler specifically.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Mishimoto makes great stuff.

I have a CBFA if you need a test car!!

Mishimoto

Ready to race!
Welcome back,

Lets see some pre-sale pictures for the excitement factor.

For now I can only tease you with the shots of our production sample. Although, nothing major was changed ;) Make sure to head over to the Engineering Blog if you haven't already to checked it out!

Yeah that sensor threw a wrench in our gears too. I'm sure plenty of folk here would be keen to hear about a work around if you come up with one!

The CBFA part stinks, but I seen others have used washers and spaced the intercooler away from the sensor... although I'm not sure that would be an option with this intercooler specifically.

That could potentially be an option, since our core uses the factory mounting points

Mishimoto makes great stuff.

I have a CBFA if you need a test car!!

i have a better test car !

Much appreciated guys! We actually have 2 MK6s at our disposal and ended up using a Golf R for the testing. Make sure you keep an eye out next week for more info!

-Nick

Mishimoto

Ready to race!
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to bump up this thread with our final update on the R&D of this intercooler! Make sure you head over to our Engineering Blog to check out our full dyno results!

And the even better news is that this kit is now available for presale! Make sure to get yours while the special pricing lasts!

2006-2014 Volkswagen MK5/MK6 GTI and Golf R Performance Intercooler

As always, feel free to shoot me any questions you might have!

-Nick

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

$680? You can get a unitronic one for less with the same design... how is the Mishimoto one better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GolNat

Autocross Champion
$680? You can get a unitronic one for less with the same design... how is the Mishimoto one better?

My thoughts too! The Uni one works with CBFA as far as I can tell. I didn't see a note about it not.

Mishimoto

Ready to race!

My thoughts too! The Uni one works with CBFA as far as I can tell. I didn't see a note about it not.

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the late response to this, but great questions! Given the available space for the intercooler in this application, most are going to end up being very similar in design. So with our design you're getting the larger core in full powder-coated aluminum. Our inlet end tank features a diverter cast in to the design to ensure the full bar-and-plate core is being used to drop the outlet temps. Not to mention, we improved the flow through the system, which comes in handy when a tune is involved.

When it comes to the CBFA sensor, that's where things get a little tricky. Typically, we don't like to call out or directly compare to competitors since the last thing we want to do is get into a cage match via the forums with another company. It's usually never a good look. However, just poking around with the product info, and knowing the available space, I did notice that the model that does fit with that sensor does refer specifically to their Jetta intercooler, which I'm sure there's a little more wiggle room. We did investigate the option of adding a spacer so that you guys with that sensor could run our intercooler, however there was still issues with pushing other components too far in one direction or the other.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

-Nick

Mishimoto

Ready to race!
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to bump this up to make sure you take advantage of the discounted pricing while it lasts!

-Nick

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Yeah... Mishimoto, not trying to knock you guys but honestly you kinda missed here. 4-5 years late to the intercooler game when theres so many intercooler options on this platform already, and to be more expensive than the rest at that.

Your customers are telling you we need another radiator option on this platform. Not another intercooler. Why invest in developing stuff that the market doesn't need?

Not trying to start anything, if you'd like me to delete this comment I'll gladly do so.