GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

outshined

Go Kart Champion
I miss the Yaris today. That torque in 3rd gear with Stage 1 was amazing. Fucking pulled. Oh well. The 17 year old kid who bought it is probably stoked out of his mind on that car. Is what it is. We do what we do and we live with our choices.
Sounds like someone's thinking about a Mk8.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
I miss the Yaris today. That torque in 3rd gear with Stage 1 was amazing. Fucking pulled. Oh well. The 17 year old kid who bought it is probably stoked out of his mind on that car. Is what it is. We do what we do and we live with our choices.

Yo you have a great ride. Seriously. Sure we all want the crazy chick in high school who knew no limits and blew your mind among other things. But dont go back man. You made a choice and its a good one. Live there.

McQueen77

Banned
Yo you have a great ride. Seriously. Sure we all want the crazy chick in high school who knew no limits and blew your mind among other things. But dont go back man. You made a choice and its a good one. Live there.

Yeah I know. Going back to VW would be a bummer. The GTI was a lot of fun. I guess I just miss having a car that was paid off. That's a big part of it. Towards the end there I was cursing the GTI daily for some reason or another. Even during the honeymoon phase, it was love hate from day 1. Like "I guess I'll just blast the stereo all day so I don't have to listen to the newest rattle or bizarre sound" or like "oh it's summer now, so I guess my car will be balls slow for 4 months".. With this car, there was an initial awkward adjustment period and acclimating and since then it has settled in to sheer consistency. It just delivers on a daily basis, is always good, is never weird, never has a weird day, or heat soak or rattles or squeaks or wind noise or whatever.. Just a simple refined machine. Yep, can't go back. I got really sick of the quirks.

I would like to upgrade in the Bimmer world but a line has to be drawn somewhere. Shit is ball expensive.

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
What the hell happened to this forum in the week that I was gone?
bender on dfd said:
Zil got banned because he meatspun someone. Not just temp banned, perma banned plus IP ban so he couldn't even see the site. That was excessive to me, so I bailed, a few of us were chatting on google and thinking it would be funny if we made this place, we did and now great success!

apparently someone was not entertained.

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
I guess that means that he can just find another IP and post because his username is not banned? Weird.

i dont think anyone cares. head to the new digs.

you to plac. Your a dumbass, but I am entertained by your dumbassary.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I have a 2000 Wrangler coming real soon for a few week project. I get to drive it any time I want while I look into it and see if there is anything I can fix. This is one of my family members new aquisitions.

Its a 4 cylinder and a manual, I guess a 5 speed?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
wut?

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
I have a 2000 Wrangler coming real soon for a few week project. I get to drive it any time I want while I look into it and see if there is anything I can fix. This is one of my family members new aquisitions.

Its a 4 cylinder and a manual, I guess a 5 speed?

Ok that is a cool rig. Looking forward to what you do with it!!

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Ok that is a cool rig. Looking forward to what you do with it!!

My brother-in-law gets the keys tomorrow, its been weeks wait. He works the auctions and it took a long time to get the paperwork sorted out. He had a shop put on the lift but they went to one size smaller tire than the pic shows. I am basically doing the mechanical checks, maybe fix any leaks here and there, and just drive it to see how it drives. He will have to sell it in a couple months if he doesnt land a new job.

outshined

Go Kart Champion
Was this a result of your nice job on the CR-V? Everybody in the family is going to be sending their vehicles to Uncle Plac now.